Menu

Physics or Chemistry for 4th?

RainbowSprinkles

Are you planning on doing science with both your 8yo and 5yo? If so I would go with Chemistry. If not, I would print out the samples of each and see which one interests your student more. There are completed samples of Chemistry on the website, but I don't have Physics up yet. I will also say that it would be a bigger jump from Biology to do Physics than it would be to do Chemistry. Hope that helps!

Are you planning on doing science with both your 8yo and 5yo? If so I would go with Chemistry. If not, I would print out the samples of each and see which one interests your student more. There are completed samples of Chemistry on the website, but I don't have Physics up yet. I will also say that it would be a bigger jump from Biology to do Physics than it would be to do Chemistry. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your comments! I have been keeping them separate for Science so far. I think I will keep it that way. I will take a look at your samples now :)

we did some biology when the kids were k & 1st grade. earth sci and some apologia astronomy when they were 1st and 2nd grade. Chemistry was so much fun for 2nd and 3rd grade. Now, Elemental Science physics is getting going for 3rd & 4th grade this year, based on the foundation of Elemental Science Chemistry that we got last year. It's a good transition for us. My kids get so much of the physics as they work for hours on the lego creations they come up with each week. But in the end, enjoy the science fun.