Menu

Knowledge Quest eBook Sale

MyLittleWonders

Help me out here---I think this is a Christian company, right? But are the Map Trek products secular? (Right off hand, I don't see how a map could NOT be secular, but I've been wrong before.)

:bigear: I'd like to know too! From the descriptions at least some of the other books are not secular, but I don't know about the maps...

Help me out here---I think this is a Christian company, right? But are the Map Trek products secular? (Right off hand, I don't see how a map could NOT be secular, but I've been wrong before.)

My understanding is that they are not a secular company and I'm not sure how religious the map lesson plans are. But, the maps themselves (at least from the samples of the US ones that I bought) look secular in and of themselves. So, I figured that I may not be able to use the plans as written (though they still may have some stuff that is useful to me from a secular point of view), the maps will come in handy this year as we study US history. I probably would not have bought the book if it were not on sale, but as I said above, I figured the $10 price for the Map Trek US Edition to be a good price even just for the maps.

If you are just buying e-books, this won't be such a big deal, but I just have to say I had a really bad experience buying from KQ recently. I paid for some time lines through Paypal and then didn't hear anything for 2 weeks; no shipping confirmation, no acknowledgment of my order; no nuthin'. I e-mailed, repeatedly, just to find out whether they had received the order, and every e-mail except the first one bounced back. I e-mailed the e-mail address on their Paypal page, and it, too, bounced back. After almost a week of this, I finally left an irate message on their voice-mail, which prompted a response to my FIRST e-mail, the only one that had not bounced back. It also prompted them to ship my timelines. I sent them a final e-mail saying that, needless to say, I wouldn't be shopping with them again, and that e-mail...bounced back.

Every time I went to their website to try to track down working e-mail addresses, I would find ads for their seminars on how to run an internet business. Oh, the irony.

Terri

Edited by plansrme
typo