Menu

I want my kids back!

scrapbookbuzz

I think I must need my head examined :D but I want to take my kids out of the public school NOW and have them back home. (There's another thread as to why they're in public school in the first place.) I've been thinking about this for about a week and a half now and looking through Sonlight Core 5 tonight increased my heart rate! I've been wanting to 'do' this Core for over a year! Yes, I could conceivably do it myself but I WANT to do it with my daughter, with my son tagging along using Core K readers. Am I nuts??

Personally, I think I feel God leading us to this but I don't know for sure ... yet!

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Yes, yes, yes! I'm experiencing this with my son. He went to a charter high school this year for 9th. I miss him daily and I hate watching him have to get up soooo early in the morning. :tongue_smilie: He's not eating much these days and I generally worry about him, but he seems to enjoy school so far. He needs to experience this, but I secretly hope he will want to come back home one day. I do still have my dd home with me and I am enjoying the time with her.

Blessings,

Pat

This same thing happened to me last year. We put all the kids in ps and it didn't take me too long to want them back home. Eventually, we brought ds/10 who has ADHD home due to problems with the school but the others stayed the rest of the year. It was hard!!!

This year 3 are in public high school and 3 are at home, Praise Jesus!!! I did, after several weeks, get accustomed to having them in school but I didn't like it. You need to do what the Lord is telling you. I would pray about it and see what happens. What do the kids want?

As to what the Lord wants, believe me, I'm really praying about that! I almost feel as though we let the school 'pressure' us into enrolling the kids, after we had them assess dd.

As for what dd wants, she wants to not have to do anything that requires effort, in true Aspie fashion! However, this week, when my son and dh have been out of the house, and it's just been dd and me, we've done some reading out of the Core 6 schedule and she has really enjoyed that! Me, too!

Social skills class? Don't know. May have to look into that!

Yes, I put my kids in private school last year due to illness. I hated it and missed them dreadfully! There was a "mourning" period where I missed them so much. Then we got used to it, but I still hated it, and still couldn't wait to have them come home again. They are all home again this year with me. We are loving it!!!!

I hope you find the answers your searching for. God bless.

Smiles,

Shalynn

If I were you, I'd wait it out. Let the emotions pass before you pull the kiddos out of school. Another change will require yet more adjustment time. If you give the year a chance, it may work out better than you think. It will also give you time to evaluate what is the right thing for your family. And you can still do Core 5 next year.

That is just my opinion. I am not in your shoes, but I have had the kids in ps and at home. I almost pulled them out one year-turned out to be a great year and I grew through the difficulties that we experienced as well.

Unless it is urgent, I would wait.

I would bring them home.

When I let my dd go to public high school, I felt awful, but it was what her dad thought was best so I agreed. It was not a very good experience. The only redeeming thing was she made some really nice friends. The quality of education and atmosphere was lacking.

However, when she left home several weeks ago to a special arts high school that is located 4 1/2 hours away from home, I was at peace. I know her education is in good hands and her experience will be great.

I said all this to show that if you feel wrong about your dc going off to school, then you probably have just cause. I didn't feel awful because dd wasn't home when she entered public school, I felt awful because I KNEW it wasn't the best place for her to be.

Moving 4 1/2 hour away from home at 16 felt RIGHT. She is happy and thriving!

Trust your instinct.