Menu

CLE Reading users... help!

plain jane

I bought the CLE Reading for grade 4.

I have the text, the lightunits, and the one answerkey booklet. I do not seem to have answers for any of the quizzes and tests. :glare: Argh! Are the answers only in the teacher's guide (which the website states as optional :glare:) or am I missing something altogether?

Feeling a little :willy_nilly: here.

Also, we've just started but dd did the first quiz when prompted. I was surprised that it covered topics that weren't seen in the exercises prior, so of course she got them wrong. What's up with that?

I'm a little confused by this program at the moment. :001_huh:

The answers for quizzes and test should be in the answer key. When I first started CLE, I had to dig around the AK to find them because they aren't where you think they'd be. Have you looked in the middle of the AK? The quiz and test answers have a light grey vertical stripe on the edge of the page. In Reading 500, the self-check answers are in the back. Apparently they want you to be able to remove the test & quiz portions of the AK if you have your children check their work, but I wish they'd just put everything together according to LU to simplify it all.

I bought the CLE Reading for grade 4.

I have the text, the lightunits, and the one answerkey booklet. I do not seem to have answers for any of the quizzes and tests. :glare: Argh! Are the answers only in the teacher's guide (which the website states as optional :glare:) or am I missing something altogether?

Feeling a little :willy_nilly: here.

Also, we've just started but dd did the first quiz when prompted. I was surprised that it covered topics that weren't seen in the exercises prior, so of course she got them wrong. What's up with that?

I'm a little confused by this program at the moment. :001_huh:

Did you buy it used? If so, you might be missing the answer key. If new, contact the company!

The 1st quiz for 401 is reading comprehension skills. We struggle with that too. Just keep reminding her to think about what people are feeling and to look for inference clues. Also to look back in the text to double check her answer.

If she didn't have to read a story, then you might have given her the light unit test from the middle of the book?

We started at grade level but the grade below was a better fit when it came to CLE reading.

The 1st quiz for 401 is reading comprehension skills. We struggle with that too. Just keep reminding her to think about what people are feeling and to look for inference clues. Also to look back in the text to double check her answer.

If she didn't have to read a story, then you might have given her the light unit test from the middle of the book?

We started at grade level but the grade below was a better fit when it came to CLE reading.

No, I gave her the quiz, but one of the questions asked, "write figures of speech from the story that tell..."

Well, she hadn't encountered figures of speech yet but now that I think about it more, I guess it was likely covered in the grade 3 level somewhere and the book assumes prior use of their products. :confused: It was fine, I allowed her to do that question with me, but I did find it a bit odd.

Did you buy it used? If so, you might be missing the answer key. If new, contact the company!

Nope... it was just a problem with me. I thought I went through the answer key page by page but I guess I overlooked the middle section. I would never have thought to look there on my own. :tongue_smilie:

Ah! I could see that being a problem. We didn't use it last year either! I encounter that with CLE a lot where they pull something in from the previous year and we have to catch-up. My DD learned about figures of speach in 2nd and 3rd in PS (believe it or not!).

You'll find the 2nd quiz is directly from the material. :001_smile:

No, I gave her the quiz, but one of the questions asked, "write figures of speech from the story that tell..."

Well, she hadn't encountered figures of speech yet but now that I think about it more, I guess it was likely covered in the grade 3 level somewhere and the book assumes prior use of their products. :confused: It was fine, I allowed her to do that question with me, but I did find it a bit odd.

Yup - it was covered in Grade 3 - which fortunately I have because my younger dd is using it. This is our first year using CLE LA so we're finding the same oddities.