Menu

if already narrate WWE needed?

Mama2two

Mmmm, so it sounds like it we do narrating and copywork with other subjects we are not really missing anything and using WWE/workbook is redundant?

We have only done it for a week and if I drop it want to make sure there is aother component to it that I am missing. We already read a lot of great literature)

My only thought is that with WWE she gives an outline of what the copywork and narration should have in it by weeks. For instance, one week something with quotation marks. One week an exclamation, one week a title (Dr. Mrs., etc.)

Last year, in 1st, I used WWE textbook as a guide and just did narration and copywork as other subjects (for instance History). But I found that when I combined it I was more focused on getting the narration aspects right and sometimes we were losing the History aspects, if that makes sense. Now, in 2nd, my son likes it much better to have these parts separate. He enjoys narrating history much more if he's just focusing on the history.

That is just our experience with it though....

Also, I don't think that 2 days a week extra narration, and 2 days extra copywork (that's what WWE would provide) are too much to add on top of other narration for other subjects. What I'm saying is the extra practice would probably be beneficial.

Just my 2 cents! :001_smile:

What you say makes sense. Our current copywork/narrations definitely focus on the subject matter. After doing more reading about narration they also are more of a Charlotte Mason style where the kids tell me everything they remember. I do doubt that we will have the varied types of copywork like you pointed out. A good point, thanks. You are right it doesn't take that long, we will probably stick with it.

My only thought is that with WWE she gives an outline of what the copywork and narration should have in it by weeks. For instance, one week something with quotation marks. One week an exclamation, one week a title (Dr. Mrs., etc.)

Last year, in 1st, I used WWE textbook as a guide and just did narration and copywork as other subjects (for instance History). But I found that when I combined it I was more focused on getting the narration aspects right and sometimes we were losing the History aspects, if that makes sense. Now, in 2nd, my son likes it much better to have these parts separate. He enjoys narrating history much more if he's just focusing on the history.

That is just our experience with it though....

Also, I don't think that 2 days a week extra narration, and 2 days extra copywork (that's what WWE would provide) are too much to add on top of other narration for other subjects. What I'm saying is the extra practice would probably be beneficial.

Just my 2 cents! :001_smile: