Menu

s/o camera or camera phone?

I saw the thread for the Droid X, which I'm so excited to get when I'm due for the upgrade. I was wondering how many people use the camera on their phone exclusively and how many use a just a plain ole camera to catch those family memories?

My camera is on the fritz and I'm debating whether I should get a camera now, even though I'll have the Droid in a few months or whether I should just wait...

I can use my camera still, when it feels like working, and I use the camera on my current cell phone for those impromptu pix. We are in a financially tight spot right now, too, since we recently moved and our old house hasn't sold yet.

Thanks for your input!

I was wondering how many people use the camera on their phone exclusively and how many use a just a plain ole camera to catch those family memories?

I have the BB Curve 8520 ~ lovely little gadget, but the camera sucks.

I use it for quick pics - sending shots of the kids to dh at work throughout the day, or things when I'm out & about, something I want to send to a friend quickly.. but for photos that I actual want to have turn out? I use my regular camera.

I dont think phone cameras will ever be as good as a normal camera simply because of lens size, regardless of the MP of the capture, small lenses can only let in so much light and information. I use my iPhone camera a lot, and I'm looking forward to getting the iPhone4 for the better camera, but it will never replace my main camera.