Menu

I am an idiot!

Tracy

Grasshopper decided to work on making me a birthday present. I had just put Cricket down for a nap, which is prime time for school work. In my eagerness to get the work done, I made Grasshopper cry! :crying: She was making a birthday present for heaven's sake! For me no less! :thumbdown:

I wish I could just reach down inside me an rip out that need-to-check-a-box DNA that I have.

No....actually I think I'm the idiot.

I was reading this and thinking......Grasshopper???......Cricket??? Who would name their kids *that*??

I'm kinda old school and I'm still not used to the way people refer to their kids on message boards/blogs. :blush:

:lol:

And, my deepest apologies if your kids *really* are named Grasshopper and Cricket. I mean......you never know..... If so......I. Love. Their. Names. :blushing:

I was thinking about this some more. It's so cute when little ones want to make a gift for mom or dad. One day, my dd (at the time probably the same age as Grasshopper) was in her room working for the longest time on something. She came out with this box she had found. She also found some wrapping paper and covered all 6 sides with this paper (I think she used an entire roll of scotch tape). It was for me. No reason. Just because I'm her mom and she :001_wub: me. I opened it and wadded up inside was my work shirt (one of my shirts I had to wear 3 nights a week at a restaurant). The look of joy on her face......just *knowing* that this was the perfect thing to give me. I was thinking.....yep, just what I wanted. Kids are so precious. :lol:

So.....what did Grasshopper make you (or isn't it time for you to know yet??)?

No....actually I think I'm the idiot.

I was reading this and thinking......Grasshopper???......Cricket??? Who would name their kids *that*??

I'm kinda old school and I'm still not used to the way people refer to their kids on message boards/blogs. :blush:

:lol:

And, my deepest apologies if your kids *really* are named Grasshopper and Cricket. I mean......you never know..... If so......I. Love. Their. Names. :blushing:

:lol::lol::lol: No, not their real names. Grasshopper is a Kung Fu reference. She is always trying to be like me. And well, Cricket is related, but smaller and noisier.

So.....what did Grasshopper make you (or isn't it time for you to know yet??)?

My birthday is not until Saturday, so I haven't received the present yet. All I know is that it involves Star of David but that it is not "a Jewish color" but instead it is my favorite color. (We have been studying Jewish holidays.)