Menu

Help! Trying to decide on Math Mammoth

campmom

I've looked at the samples and have decided that I want to get this to go along with Right Start B. I'm trying to decide between the blue books for 1st grade or the light blue 1st grade. There are package deals for each that are about the same price. Have any of you used both that can give me an opinion on which you prefer. TIA

I have not used the blue, but it really depends on how you want to use it. I wanted it separated by grade so I would know exactly how much to cover each year, so I went with light blue. If I were going to use it as a supplement, I might consider the blue series, but I still think that I would go with lightblue. It is really easy to find the different sections and just work on the sections that you need if necessary, but I love having it arranged by grade. It just does all of the planning for me. :-) I have enough to do around here. ;)

Angela

I have not used the blue, but it really depends on how you want to use it. I wanted it separated by grade so I would know exactly how much to cover each year, so I went with light blue. If I were going to use it as a supplement, I might consider the blue series, but I still think that I would go with lightblue. It is really easy to find the different sections and just work on the sections that you need if necessary, but I love having it arranged by grade. It just does all of the planning for me. :-) I have enough to do around here. ;)

:iagree: I've used both the Blue & Lt Blue and I find the Lt Blue easier to use, for the reasons mentioned above. It also includes cumulative reviews/tests.

Jackie

I'd go with the Light Blue too (not that I am any kind of expert on it...I ordered the Light Blue series on CD but haven't gotten it yet). If you decide you want to go with the entire Light Blue series, it's still on sale at Homeschool Buyers Co-op ($70.80 for the download, $73.80 for the CD). But if you want to get it.....you gotta hurry. The sale ends in about 4 hours or less.