Menu

PSA - BPA in dental sealants and GM Salmon

In case any of you missed these articles and wanted to know, a Public Service Announcement:

There is/has been/will be BPA in dental sealants. And there seems to be some controversy as to whether it is necessary to tell the parents of children getting them about it.

And

The FDA has approved genetically modified salmon to be farmed and delivered to a table near you. So, if you are concerned about GM food, after you've checked whether your salmon has been farmed, and if it has been injected with dyes to look good, you may want to check if it's even actually salmon.

The FDA has approved genetically modified salmon to be farmed and delivered to a table near you. So, if you are concerned about GM food, after you've checked whether your salmon has been farmed, and if it has been injected with dyes to look good, you may want to check if it's even actually salmon.

I didn't think it had been approved yet.

http://action.foodandwaterwatch.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4693

Ooh! Thanks for the link!

The article in the Telegraph says the meeting will be held later this month. But my thought is that where there is money to be made, when has our vote counted lately?

Sometimes I feel that our children are a giant experiment for...? And it really makes me angry.

Ooh! Thanks for the link!

The article in the Telegraph says the meeting will be held later this month. But my thought is that where there is money to be made, when has our vote counted lately?

Sometimes I feel that our children are a giant experiment for...? And it really makes me angry.

I just happen to get that email today shortly before your post.

I agree about the experiment. It really angers me. They are messing with our food, drugs, and vaccines with no care for what the potential future affects will be on our health.

BPA in sealants?!?!?!?!!!

I feel validated in not having allowed sealants for dd's teeth.

:ack2:

Me too!!! People think I'm extreme (perhaps I am...but my grandparents have all lived to be very old and healthy...did they ever have phenylalanine, immunizations, microwaves, preservatives, MSG, BPA???) I think ultimately we're killing ourselves with all these 'extras' that have somehow snuck into our foods!

I only buy Sockeye or Coho salmon...I'll pay $20 a pound 2x a year, it's amazing in taste and flavor (plus we used to live in Seattle and got spoiled)..

I was especially ticked when they've slowly and secretely removed sugar from SUGAR gums and replaced it with phenylalanine, to save a buck!!! Juicy Fruit is now phenylalanine....Hubba Bubba and all the others, the only gum I know that doesn't have it is Double Bubble, Chicklets, and Altoids/Mentos....not that we eat a lot of candy, but hate that we can't buy a pack of bubble gum anymore and it not have only sugar...

My dentists tried to sell me on sealants, not one cavity in 3 kids in 15 years..now I'm going to question flouride...:(

Tara