Menu

First day of school, someone, please fetch me a sedative!

Count me in. Maybe with some sedation I wouldn't have had to work so hard not to jump up and down on the couch, yelling, "Indus! The river is the Indus! Do you see the chapter subhead? The one that says the people of the INDUS river valley? Indus, Indus, IIIIIINNNNDDDUUUSSSS!"

Now, I didn't do this. But I truly, truly wanted to.

Count me in. Maybe with some sedation I wouldn't have had to work so hard not to jump up and down on the couch, yelling, "Indus! The river is the Indus! Do you see the chapter subhead? The one that says the people of the INDUS river valley? Indus, Indus, IIIIIINNNNDDDUUUSSSS!"

:lol::lol:

My daughter is learning to find information in a text this year. Theoretically anyway. In reality, she does not even begin to try to find it before asking for help. :glare:

She: "Mom, how many expeditions did Marco Polo make?"

Me: "Look in your book, dear."

... so she looks in the book and whaddya know? It's in there.

She: "Mom, what country did he do exploration for?"

Me: :willy_nilly:

Oh yes! This made me laugh. I have something to live for now, humor! :lol: Thank you. I needed to laugh today.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I only laugh because I could easily be the one jumping up and down yelling INDUS!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyone know how long it takes for them to start looking for information WITHOUT asking?

I had ds ask for help on a math problem today (I was working with younger ds)...

"Mom, I need help on number three."

"What's the problem?"

"Number three."

"I hear that, but what is the problem?"

"NUMBER THREE," he kindly stretched out the syllables for me too, I'm thirty after all and slow on the uptake :glare:

"Well, it sounds like you have everything handled then." This is how I respond now. I am not Abbott, he is not Costello and I refuse to be a part of it...

"But I don't know the answer." Want some cheese with that whine?

"That makes two of us."

He stomped off and low and behold managed to answer the problem himself. :banging head emoticon I'm too lazy to look up: