Menu

Should I take the leap and order Math Mammoth?

mazakaal

I've been eye-ing it for a while because it gets such rave reviews here, and I just noticed that Homeschool Buyers Co-Op has a special on it until midnight. I can get the download for all books for just over $100. I'm pretty happy with what we're using right now, but it's such a good deal. And I've been considering it as a supplement for a while.

The question is, would it be worth it? My 12yo is using Life of Fred and the Key to series. He probably wouldn't get much use from the MM books. My 6yo is doing great with MEP, but he still has many years left and could get a lot of use out of MM. My 8yo does MEP, but struggles sometimes. She's the one I've really been considering MM for. I thought a different perspective might help her 'get' some of the concepts. What says the hive? To buy or not to buy?

I would just buy one of the blue series that your 8yo might need some extra work on to see if you like it before you buy the whole thing. This deal will (most likely) come up again. $100 is a lot to pay for a download that you can't resell if it's not what works for your DC.

Edited by Jennay

Well, I have had my order in at HBC for a while now (excited to finally get it!). I am buying it for my 8 year old, after quitting Saxon a few months ago and using MEP over the summer to fill in gaps. I plan to continue with both MEP and MM, although right now my plan is for MM to be our primary math and MEP to be supplementary.

Since you plan to use it as a supplement, have you considered buying just the blue level or the light blue level? I am purchasing just the light blue since we are using it as our main curriculum, but if I were using it as a supplement, I'd probably go with the Blue series instead which is organized by subject rather than grade.