Menu

Read some teen conversations on Facebook and ....

PollyOR

I have almost started this topic about a dozen times. The pictures they post are disturbing, usually with beer cups or girls with their tongues out like they are about to lick each other... :ack2:

Yikes!

My ds has had some really bad conversations on his Facebook, but I only asked him to delete one. It was between he and an adult friend of his (the drummer of his Dad's band) and it was REALLY bad. I would jump all over his for pictures of girls licking each other or beer cups. I don't *think* he would post stuff like that, though.

My oldest is a preteen and doesn't have a FB account but her cousin who is the same age is. and oh my. This girl swears quite abit but so does her mom and dad. She's always talkin about boys and stuff I really didnt talk about until I was in high school. Her mom is friends with her so she knows all that is on FB. Some of it I just cannot believe she allows her preteen to say on FB.

I agree!

My husband's nephew..my gosh! The foul language coming out of his mouth! And he doesn't even spell it right, which somehow makes it worse. This kid is going to college.

AND his mom is on his facebook and is apprently ok with this. :-/

yet, there is something wrong with me bacuse we homeschool.

A friend's neice..her's is worse. I've seen pics of her doing drugs, etc.

And her parents are friends with her on Fb also!!!

:confused:

Yes, and I'm amazed that all their personal information is out there then they "friend" their family members and nothing is secret! The whole thing is gross! I had to friend my neices over a death in the family and now I get to see all they do. It's beyond unreal what they put up on their pages. Even other "moms" of our family. Sometimes I wish facebook would just take a dump.

Can I ask why you folks don't "unfriend" people whose behavior you don't like?

I have young people and old people in my FB friends, and except for one former co-worker, no one has been inappropriate in the least. The former co-worker never even noticed I "cut" him from my roster. ;)

No joke. And it's not necessarily teen agers. I know a 5th grader on there whose in love every week with a different silly little girl. So sad.

Ya I know what you mean. I am friends with neices and nephews on there and some of my friends kids. Some of the..... er.... comments about their crushes.... :001_huh: Last year I had a nephew in 5th grade, and he almost blocked me because I HAD to comment on some of his stuff. His mom just says "Well, I know what he does and he is just a big talker. None of that is true" Ummm... How does she know that? He is in school all day, she works 2nd shift and he is alone most of the afternoon. Its scary! :confused: And some of the ways he describes these girls :blink: :scared: He is the most extreme, but all of them-- wow. If only I were their mom.......

My boys have 3 girl cousins that they are close with and these girls go to a small public school in a farming community. I am amazed how these girls and other kids that we know in that area are sooooo obsessed with their phones, Ipods Touch, computer(Facebook accounts etc)...what they say on them and how their hands almost look deformed since they carry them with them constantly. It's scary how kids can't relate to each other without it being thru the electronics. Don't get me wrong...we have computers, Ipods, phones, you name it...but we can do without them when we are with other people. My boys can't believe some of the things these kids say to each other on their accounts, texts...it's sad to me!