Menu

Literature suggestions for SOTW 2 (chapter 12) for older children

sgilli3

Ds (almost 13) Dd ( almost 12), are working through SOTW 2. Up until now, I just purchased whatever books I saw related to a chapter, as we didn't have access to a good library.

We are now back in Oz, and close to a decent library, and one where we can do inter-library transfers with.*swoon*

The suggested books for chapter 12 (Islamic Invasion) are all to young for them.

Does anyone have some suggested books we could/ should borrow?

Is there a reading guide for older children available?

Thanks so much.

We're doing Sonlight Core 6. When we are on that chapter in SOTW the kids will be reading A Samurai's Tale and A Single Shard. Ds read Samurai's tale in 6th grade which is the same age as dd is now, so I'll replace it for him, but I haven't decided with what yet. None of us has read A single Shard yet.

Ds (almost 13) Dd ( almost 12), are working through SOTW 2. Up until now, I just purchased whatever books I saw related to a chapter, as we didn't have access to a good library.

We are now back in Oz, and close to a decent library, and one where we can do inter-library transfers with.*swoon*

The suggested books for chapter 12 (Islamic Invasion) are all to young for them.

Does anyone have some suggested books we could/ should borrow?

Is there a reading guide for older children available?

Thanks so much.

The 2nd Edition of TWTM includes a reading list for logic stage that corresponds to the history roation (Medieval-Early Renaissance). It's on pages 349-351.

HTH, Stacy