Menu

Update on the teen girl situation at my church

It sounds like her mother should be shadowing her and not being busy with other ministry right now.

I agree with this. The mom obviously has 2 kids that are needing more than what they're getting right now. I would think her priority would (should) be dealing with her own kids, not serving in a ministry.

Nakia, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'd be roaring like a lion in this situation. I think you're handling it well.

I totally appreciate what you are saying. That's why I am praying about what to do if she does not respect the boundaries that have been set. I do know that after she was told by the married man (that I mentioned in the other thread) that she was touching him inappropriately and that she was only allowed to shake his hand that, she stopped doing it to him. But I have seen her touching other adults in a similar way, especially men. So I know that she knows what "no" means, but maybe she doesn't understand that means "not appropriate for all situations like this". Does that make sense? And I do feel like I have handled her in a gentle, but firm way. That obviously didn't work, which is why I had to go to the pastor. I also know he was gentle but very firm, along with moving her out of the children's ministry area, so I hope that she will now understand. We will see what happens on Sunday.

I will not yell at her, even though I know that's what I will want to do. Sometimes it's hard to control that flesh reaction, but I will. I maybe did react too harshly with her last Sunday at church, and I am kinda sorry I did that, but it stopped her from grabbing Cora. Like I said, I have been praying hard about this for several weeks. If she does have a disability, her mother needs to find out/acknowledge it/whatever and educate the youth and children's pastors so they can place her in a position to help in church without being around children until she learns boundaries.

I honestly have no idea what will happen. I cannot solve this girl's problems. I truly believe she has a need that only God can fill. I don't know her past or what her future holds, but hopefully this will be a wake-up call for her mother to really evaluate what is going on. I know B has plans for her future because she told me she wants to go to college to be a teacher. More than anything, I want to protect my child, and I will. But I also would never want to quench any desire for Jesus that this young woman has in her heart.

I agree with everything you have said. I will be thinking of you on Sunday. It seems very encouraging that she was able to leave the man alone in the past. Hopefully, that will be the case here. Please let us know how it goes. :grouphug:

I agree with everything you have said. I will be thinking of you on Sunday. It seems very encouraging that she was able to leave the man alone in the past. Hopefully, that will be the case here. Please let us know how it goes. :grouphug:

Thank you for the prayers.

I actually don't think I will be posting any further updates publicly here. If anyone would like to know how things are going, I will be happy to communicate via pm. I just don't want to cause any more drama here. And it seems that some cannot help but stir things up.