Menu

Not Comment-Worthy.....But I have to put this out there:

This is long and rambling......sorry........but writing helps me to sort things out and make some sense of it.

I have been totally honest in my reluctance to h-school for high school. DD11 is in 6th grade and one of our plans (there are several) is to have her attend a wonderful Classical Christian private school that goes from 7-12. The tuition is not astronomical, they have a girls lacrosse team, it is nearby.

Of course, though in the back of my head is the thought that perhaps it is foolish to spend $$$$ on high school tuition with college on the horizon.

DD11 is enrolled (enrolled her weeks ago) this fall in an IEW 6th, 7th, 8th grade class for Powerful Paragraphs. I am very pleased with that.

All three children are in a co-op that meets once a week (all day) and offers wonderful enrichment courses and extra-curric (OM) that will nicely complement what they are doing during the week, and I do not have the energy to do. AND, the co-op hired a real, live P.E. teacher.......:hurray::hurray:[THOSE are NOT Shred-approved jumping jax)....b/c I do wonder about carrying laundry baskets up and down stairs and walking the dog as far as P.E.;)

So, the point of this? :confused: I am not a joiner :glare:, but here I sit......and I see that I have joined MORE things the past 2 months than I have joined collectively my entire life! :001_huh: And, this morning, I have joined (THERE is THAT word again :glare:) another co-op and dd11 will be taking Pre-Algebra with a phenomenol algebra teacher who is the cat's meow for algebra in these parts.:D And, there is the very strong likelihood that betw. today and next tuesday, she will also have the opportunity to be in an Apologia General Science class.

All that being said: I am THRILLED! I have such a sense of relief......a sense that she is going to be on the receiving end of a wonderful homeschooling experience this year b/c of these choices......and that will benefit the twins (4th grade) b/c I will be able to concentrate on their courses without the worry that I am missing something that dd11 should be doing.

Edited by MariannNOVA
ETA: Pats on the back appreciated.

:001_smile: No comment, just letting you know I read your post.

Hey, Imp! I'm going to the post office tomorrow......I know I've told you that before, but I am.........the cosmos is aligned, the hormones are flowing, the aura is right..........I am going to the post office with your stuff.:D

Thanks for reading my ramblings -- and if you thought I had lost my mind, you would tell me, right?:confused:

Not a joiner either...but I find myself drawn to groups for support with the HSing thing. Can you add or pm me about what amazing programs you have found in our area? I am thinking about what we will need as the girls get older and I feel like I am on an island.

Delaney: I have found the things we have joined on SHARENET. Do you receive it? It comes out twice a month via email (1st and 15th) and is about 30 pages long FILLED with everything imaginable that is offered for homeschoolers.

If you need the contact info to subscribe, let me know. I can also forward you the most recent issue if you PM me your email addy.:001_smile:

I do have to add that I have read SHARENET for 4 YEARS and only this year have I finally begun accessing the programs, etc that are on it.:tongue_smilie:

Hey, Imp! I'm going to the post office tomorrow......I know I've told you that before, but I am.........the cosmos is aligned, the hormones are flowing, the aura is right..........I am going to the post office with your stuff.:D

Thanks for reading my ramblings -- and if you thought I had lost my mind, you would tell me, right?:confused:

Honey, I'm soooooo the LAST person to be able to comment on someone else's sanity, or lack thereof.

Although, discussing flowing hormones *might* be seen as an issue...:tongue_smilie:

I'm lost. What have you done to make people afraid to comment??? :lol:

It sounds like she's got a great year ahead of her and a non-joiner is now very well connected. :) So much is well in place that all of this could just end up flowing nicely into high school. :D I'm either very brave, or very stupid, or both ... :lol:

Ok, my comment has nothing to do with the original post;) So I guess officially it cannot count as a comment: I am wondering how we should deal with (or respond to ) those who really want lots of attention, and do outrageous things to get that attention, but always claim to not want the attention that they get by doing that thing.

I hope you love Sky Chase!

I thought dd was going to do 5th and 6th at our ps, but dh made a comment that made it sound like he's considering 6-8 at home!

So we might be joining you NEXT year at Sky Chase. Pls give a big hug and a big HI to Barb for us.

The above is not meant as a comment.

:D

Ok, my comment has nothing to do with the original post;) So I guess officially it cannot count as a comment: I am wondering how we should deal with (or respond to ) those who really want lots of attention, and do outrageous things to get that attention, but always claim to not want the attention that they get by doing that thing.

I read that 3x and still don't understand. *headdesk*

Coffee! Whose got coffee?

That's wonderful! I have learned to ignore, ignore, ignore SHARENET and its siren song. We did the group class thing for several years and got worn out with the constant driving (usually in the best hours of the homeschool day) and endless check-writing for hundreds of dollars per class. We're doing all online and CD-ROM classes this year and are thrilled to be home!

(But I still can't bring myself to unsubscribe from SHARENET. I always have to make sure I'm not missing something.icon12.gif)

I've never been famous or infamous enough to be hounded by reporters so I've always wanted to say that!

:lol:

I just couldn't resist. I've always thought the phrase, "No Comment," was redundant because you're actually giving a comment by saying, "No Comment," and I've always wanted to say that to someone. So, we both were able to do something thanks to Mariann that we've always wanted to do!

Is redundant the right word?

Maybe I don't need more coffee.:001_rolleyes:

*PAT PAT PAT*

I read your ETA :D

OK, I looked for a "pat on the back" smilie and couldn't find one. The closest was this: :smash: So...just pretend that the gavel is really a soft, well manicured, gentle hand patting you on the back ;)

I'm so jealous that you have such wonderful opportunities nearby.

Thank you and thank you!:)

I hope you love Sky Chase!

I thought dd was going to do 5th and 6th at our ps, but dh made a comment that made it sound like he's considering 6-8 at home!

So we might be joining you NEXT year at Sky Chase. Pls give a big hug and a big HI to Barb for us.

The above is not meant as a comment.

:D

I will give barb a big hug and a big hi - i will see her on friday.

and, clearly, it was not a comment.:D

That's wonderful! I have learned to ignore, ignore, ignore SHARENET and its siren song. We did the group class thing for several years and got worn out with the constant driving (usually in the best hours of the homeschool day) and endless check-writing for hundreds of dollars per class. We're doing all online and CD-ROM classes this year and are thrilled to be home!

(But I still can't bring myself to unsubscribe from SHARENET. I always have to make sure I'm not missing something.icon12.gif)

:lol::lol:SHARENET is like PEOPLE magazine for homeschoolers, Ive decided.

:confused: I think that the thing to do is not respond. But, don't quote me on that.:lol:

GOod for you!

Joining is good for us, well when my kids join things I actually find myself around other adults. You know, real live adult conversation! Wow! Sometimes it feels so good to have a real converation I have to tell the other adult "tell me when to stop...":001_smile:

I just want to say that my feelings are REALLY hurt. You can write all of the above and get to the post office for Imp, but what about me? My addition is coming along nicely and I have the PERFECT area for my bra and lipstick wearing, abnormal horned goat. How long will I have to wait?

I just want to say that my feelings are REALLY hurt. You can write all of the above and get to the post office for Imp, but what about me? My addition is coming along nicely and I have the PERFECT area for my bra and lipstick wearing, abnormal horned goat. How long will I have to wait?

I would not want to see the search terms to bring this post up:D