Menu

s/o of other thread, Conceputal Physics videos?

I found this online syllabus, probably linked from someone here. I have not used it yet, but it looks promising.

What a gold mine! I hope it stays public. :D I also found it helpful to see which chapters they are doing in the book for ninth grade, especially with my DD being younger. It also looks like they take the physics chapters used in the Conceptal Physical Science Explorations with the addition of just a few, which is helpful. ;)

Edited by melmichigan

There are some on YouTube (search Conceptual Physics Hewitt). We didn't find them particularly engaging so I never searched for the dvds/videos. Our local college has them, but they must be watched on campus. You might check with any educational centers nearby. My kids found that the Teaching Company Physics in Your Life series was more interesting.

There are some on YouTube (search Conceptual Physics Hewitt). We didn't find them particularly engaging so I never searched for the dvds/videos. Our local college has them, but they must be watched on campus. You might check with any educational centers nearby. My kids found that the Teaching Company Physics in Your Life series was more interesting.

Thanks. I'll let dd decide. She liked his nephew's CC lectures, but I'm sure they have different personalities, etc.

The teacher who developed the Georgia Public Broadcasting series used Conceptual Physics as one of her texts. There is more math than in the CP book, but it is great to have some of the experiments and discussion. Each number has a session just like a regular class... a teacher explaining the concepts, visual aids, usually an experiment or two, miniquizzes, etc.

The physics series. (there is also chemistry)

In this old thread, it was explained how to download the videos and get the test materials.

Joan

• 1 month later...
The teacher who developed the Georgia Public Broadcasting series used Conceptual Physics as one of her texts. There is more math than in the CP book, but it is great to have some of the experiments and discussion. Each number has a session just like a regular class... a teacher explaining the concepts, visual aids, usually an experiment or two, miniquizzes, etc.

The physics series. (there is also chemistry)

In this old thread, it was explained how to download the videos and get the test materials.

Joan

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the links above and all the information provided about GPB. My teacher CD-ROM came today, all I can say is WOW. :thumbup: I think it will be a wonderful compliment to the concept texts.