Menu

I lost my fabulous red velvet cake recipe!

Someone help me! I was thinking of making some red velvet cupcakes to send to my brother in Afghanistan (you can send tons of stuff if you vacuum seal it), but then I was worried the cupcakes might not work. Then I found this, and I am so on it! But I cannot find my really awesome red velvet cake recipe that I used for years. Anybody got one that they would love to share. I know the one I used was really dark red, if that means anything. Thanks!!

Someone help me! I was thinking of making some red velvet cupcakes to send to my brother in Afghanistan (you can send tons of stuff if you vacuum seal it), but then I was worried the cupcakes might not work. Then I found this, and I am so on it! But I cannot find my really awesome red velvet cake recipe that I used for years. Anybody got one that they would love to share. I know the one I used was really dark red, if that means anything. Thanks!!

cool idea! My sister might be headed there soon. She just finished boot camp and she's waiting for her orders. She's an army nurse.

cool idea! My sister might be headed there soon. She just finished boot camp and she's waiting for her orders. She's an army nurse.

I hope she doesn't have to go, but if she does, and this works, I will let you know.

I know the hive has a recipe. SPILL!!

I don't have a recipe to share, but have you looked at allrecipes.com? I've had great luck with the high-rated recipes there :)

Can you tell me more about how you vacuum seal cupcakes? My brother is going to Afghanistan next year for his second ToD. Last time he was there I was trying to figure out how I could send him baked goods, but never tried it because I was afraid they would go stale in the 2 weeks it took for packages to reach him.

Stop the lies, Nakia!!! Cupcakes, my foot! You are baking an armadilla' cake and you know it!!!

TRAITOR!!! I thought we were friends! How could you tell my secret? At least my armadillo won't have leprosy!

I don't have a recipe to share, but have you looked at allrecipes.com? I've had great luck with the high-rated recipes there :)

Can you tell me more about how you vacuum seal cupcakes? My brother is going to Afghanistan next year for his second ToD. Last time he was there I was trying to figure out how I could send him baked goods, but never tried it because I was afraid they would go stale in the 2 weeks it took for packages to reach him.

I will try allrecipes.com I have gotten some good ones there for other things!

My parents bought a vacuum sealer from Walmart or Sams, and then you buy these special Ziploc bags that you can use to remove the air. My sil, his wife, sends him cookies every week, and he always gets some nice and fresh! I haven't tried the cupcakes because I think I will do the cookies in a jar that I linked before instead. Also, mail seems to be moving much quicker this time around than it did when my older brother was in Iraq each time. HTH!

So like a Seal-n-Saver type thing? That canning jar thing is brilliant! I'll remember that for sure. I'm sure anything homemade is better than what he'll be eating over there. Last time I sent him the ingredients for a white chicken chili (canned beans, chilis and chicken, Ziplock with dried onion and spices) and he was soooo excited to have something different.

So like a Seal-n-Saver type thing? That canning jar thing is brilliant! I'll remember that for sure. I'm sure anything homemade is better than what he'll be eating over there. Last time I sent him the ingredients for a white chicken chili (canned beans, chilis and chicken, Ziplock with dried onion and spices) and he was soooo excited to have something different.

Yes, like a Seal-n-Saver, but I'm not sure of the brand. My brother loves his weekly homemade cookie box he gets.

I didn't know there was such a thing! :tongue_smilie: I think I would have to try it to believe it!

If I find my recipe and get this cake in a jar recipe thing figured out, I will send you one. No kidding. :)