Menu

Help studying for big test!

I have the NECAP test coming up in October this year and RI hs are now required to take it. I am pretty nervous about this and I was wondering if you could help me out a little bit please.

For math, algebra 1 will most likely be covered and a little bit of geometry as well. I was thinking of using Lial's algebra 1 and doing the problems I could, then when I got stuck, use the links that a lot of you provided for me and the book as well and do that for math. Is it possible to cover most of this in a month and a half?

For reading, I was thinking of maybe getting some ps books and working through those, does anyone also happen to have any links I could use to study for reading as well?

For writing, I have no clue!!!! Please help me out.:bigear:

This site might give you some help regarding what you need to know. From the little I've read, this is a challenging test. You're probably already familiar with this site, but I'll post it if anyone is interested about this test.

http://www.ride.ri.gov/assessment/necapReleasedItems.aspx

I would just do as much math review and advancement as you can between now and the test date. If there is a practice test book, I'd get that and do as much of that too. It helps to practice knowing the timing allowed and to be familiar with how the questions will be presented.

LuvingLife:

Please tell us what kind of test this is for those of us who don't live in RI. Is it like SAT, PSAT, ?? If so, you could use an SAT prep. book to help you.

It is like the SAT/PSAT, it's a timed test to see where I am and how much I have learned so far. It's for the government and hs have to take it now, I have always done good on this test, but I haven't taken it in a few years. My parents and I are going to check it out, I want to get good scores because I don't want to look like a failure, especially in math. Reading and writing are my strong points, but math (algebra) has always given me trouble.

This site might give you some help regarding what you need to know. From the little I've read' date=' this is a challenging test. You're probably already familiar with this site, but I'll post it if anyone is interested about this test.

I would just do as much math review and advancement as you can between now and the test date. If there is a practice test book, I'd get that and do as much of that too. It helps to practice knowing the timing allowed and to be familiar with how the questions will be presented.[/quote']

The NECAP is a very challenging test, we didn't find this out until a few weeks ago that hs have to now take the test as well, so I need to study. This is a lot like the SAT/PSAT, it "places" where you need to be and what you need to work on. I am sort of struggling in algebra and a little but if geometry, this is why I am getting Lials and TT geometry, I am very bright in other areas and once a concept is explained to me I can get through it no problem.

I need to get to work....:tongue_smilie:

This site might give you some help regarding what you need to know. From the little I've read' date=' this is a challenging test. You're probably already familiar with this site, but I'll post it if anyone is interested about this test.

I would just do as much math review and advancement as you can between now and the test date. If there is a practice test book, I'd get that and do as much of that too. It helps to practice knowing the timing allowed and to be familiar with how the questions will be presented.[/quote']

The funny thing about this site, is that for high school kids, there are only 11th grade scores, I find this odd considering there are three other grades that are supposed to be tested as well. :confused: