Menu

Are you doing school tomorrow (Labor Day in the US)?

Nope, have to do school around here. My dh is off, but he is overseeing a science experiment. Our fall schedule is too hectic to take off extra days "just because."

My aunt and uncle are coming for a week, followed closely by a trip to Williamsburg with the grandparents, then we're just a hop-skip and jump away from Thanksgiving... Christmas rush... I need *every* day.

Dh is home tomorrow, but we're doing school. He's working on re-facing the fireplace, and needs to be able to focus on his work. Plus we're taking the full week at Thanksgiving and 3-4 weeks at Christmas. And a few other breaks here and there.

Yes, I usually take off the holidays, especially if dh is able to be off and at home. This year my son left Thursday for an extended weekend traveling with his grandpa and won't be back until late Monday. Dh and I have spent the last 2 days sort of clearing out the basement and just relaxing. I finally gave up boxes of books and just sent him to donate them at the library. I sent so many books this time that there was no room for passengers :blushing: Next I just have to get the piles of childrens clothes to the consignment store... Too bad she only accepts 50 items at a time. :tongue_smilie:

Tomorrow is our first day of school! We prefer to wait until Sept. to begin. Starting on the holiday works great with my work schedule (usually 3 days a week, but 2 during holiday weeks). I like planning everything out for five days right off the bat, and it's not like we usually do anything else for Labor Day weekend.

My kids don't mind. My dd didn't even know tomorrow is a holiday until I mentioned it this afternoon.

We have never done school on Labor Day, but that's also a day that my dh has always had off.

Since we moved to a regular neighborhood 7 years ago, we have followed the ps schedule. We still work through the summer, but we do a VERY light load and take the first and last weeks of summer completely off along with one or two weeks in the middle of summer.

I'm going to have them do some math at least, just because we're in the middle of switching math currics for both kids and we got a little behind last week. DH is off so we're going to take a drive and have a picnic. We'll probably listen to something in the car that will count as "fine arts" :) And we have a chapter book we're reading every day.

A little. I plan on doing piano and violin practice and our theology and bible lessons. DH is home and will be doing the Beowulf lit guide we have been putting together. The weather looks like it is going to be great, so we may sneak in a science lesson (deciduous vs evergreens is next in our book) while we are outside.