Menu

Are you doing school tomorrow (Labor Day in the US)?

No, this is a week off, which is rare for us, as we school year-round. The kids have two days of gymnastics camp, we're going to the coast (where we'll probably freeze our butts off), and then there's Not Back to School Day at a local amusement park. Next week is our first full week back.

We're doing school. Dh is home, but when we do school while he's off, he gets more alone time than he does when we're all off at the same time. :D

Of course, tomorrow he'll probably be buying us a new fridge and doing some general home repairs, so not really an off day for him.

we are not doing any official schoolwork b/c dh and my parents are here..... but, they still have monday piano lessons, and I will try to get in another chapter or 2 of Witch of Blackbird Pond.... We are also going to the aquarium on tuesday since that is the first day of public school here..... so back to work on wednesday unless I can find another field trip....

Robin in NJ

I've decided to work year round in an effort to eliminate the beginning of the year adjustment period where my nine year old has such a hard time with everything. I took our 36 weeks of school and spread them out, giving extra weeks around Christmas and so on. Anyway, all that to say, this is our first vacation week. We're going to do a couple field trips and get some much needed housework done and that's it.

I hope the sun shines just for you. :)

:D Thanks.

I'm a wimp, but the kids are hardy types. As long as there aren't high winds AND rain they'll be OK.... though they'd certainly welcome sun. I know I would.

Edited by nmoira

School day here. I'm going to aim for a light day tomorrow and a light day Wednesday, so that the two combined might be a little more than one full day. My special needs kid starts up on Wednesday so we will lose a little time taking her to school and getting her all situated. Then I want to take the younger two out for a pastry to celebrate being home schoolers. Then back home for a late start to our day.

We'll be doing about an hour or so. We picked up a bunch of books that were on hold at the library on Friday, and when we got home they wanted to read. They agreed to do history, geography, and spelling tomorrow while dh is home if I would let them go read quietly on their beds. Who was I to argue :lol:?

Guest Cindie2dds

Our local school district is having classes, so we will also. Dh is home every day since his office is in the house. It's a normal school day for us. :)