Menu

Lego games

We have the lego lava dragon game. My son LOVES it and begs to play it all the time. I think the way the dice works is really neat and fun. The game's pieces are very tiny and I'm afraid we'll lose them and not be able to play the game. I have to keep the game out of his reach or the pieces would be lost and the game would be ruined. This has caused some tears. I personally did not find the game play to be very fun, but my son loves it so we play it once in awhile.

Lego Lava Dragon Game

I'm really interested in this Lego game. I may try it out for his birthday or Christmas. I've picked it up to buy several times and always end up putting it back.

Lego Creationary Game

Edited by Cindyz

I'm really interested in this Lego game. I may try it out for his birthday or Christmas. I've picked it up to buy several times and always end up putting it back.

Lego Creationary Game

I hadn't seen this game before. My DS would LOVE this! Thanks for posting it!

I haven't bought any of the games because the pieces look really tiny. However, I'll probably break down and get them one for Christmas if I find them on sale somewhere.

My DS6 wants the Hero Factory Legos. This is the first time he's shown interest in Legos, so I picked one up as one of his Christmas presents. I'm terrible at keeping secrets though, so pray that I don't give it to him early. :p

DS has two: Minotaurus and Hogwarts.

He loves them. DH and I? Not so much. The pieces are very tiny and hard for our old, big fingers to hold. They are typical Lego - perfect size for little boy hands.

I will say that DS normally plays with them by himself. He loves imaginary play and creating mazes and such. I don't know how other children might play with them. DS had just bought the second one when a neighbor boy came over. That boy didn't have the patience to put the board together and was quickly bored with it. (But he's into video games more than Legos.)

He loves them. DH and I? Not so much. The pieces are very tiny and hard for our old, big fingers to hold. They are typical Lego - perfect size for little boy hands.

Yes, ds has the Pirate Code game (it's like the old Mastermind game) and it is sooooo tiny. It's a fun game, but for the price, I could have stood it to be a bit bigger and more stable. Ds is a Lego freak, but the game wasn't a huge hit.

I like the looks of Creationary, but can't bring myself to fork over the money when I feel like I could "make" this game for us using ds's SUBSTANTIAL Lego collection.

DS has two: Minotaurus and Hogwarts.

My ds got Minotaurus for his birthday last week. I'm surprised he's not playing with it endlessly, but he does seem to like it a lot. Yes, the pieces are small. I'm happy to play with him. We both appreciate that the game rules are flexible, you can easily make whatever changes you like, and the Lego instruction book even gives suggestions.

If your ds doesn't already have Brickmaster, I'd highly, highly (highly, highly!) recommend it. It's a year long subscription which includes a great magazine and a new kit every two months. My ds's received this for the past two years, just got it again. It's his absolute favorite.

We just got the Ramses Pyramid for ds's birthday. It's very cool! We all like playing it, and the fact that you can add your own rules along the way. It's one of the more complicated ones to play, but it's a lot of fun.

We just bought Creationary last night, we all wanted a new game for game night. We'd looked at it before and put it back because of the price tag ($35), but we've all had such a good time with it that I'm glad we finally bought it. Dh and the kids (9 3/4, 8, and 6) are actually playing it again right now.

You could make something similar yourself, by cutting out pics from old magazines and gluing them onto index cards, or printing pics off the internet and gluing them. Then everyone could pick a card, and you could use your existing legos to build, and everyone could guess what the others had made.

I find it handy having the game, and it's great for nourishing creativity and spatial relationships. I really had to think on how to represent some of the things on the cards with Legos! My kids are better at it than me.

The Creationary game is fun, but some of the cards are impossible to build, even for my Lego fanatic son. We have building sessions to practice, and usually stick with the easy and medium cards. Robo Champ is the favorite around here, followed by Race 3000. All of the games are fun to switch around, change rules etc. Ds has quite a few on his birthday list - big hits here!

We just bought Creationary last night, we all wanted a new game for game night. We'd looked at it before and put it back because of the price tag ($35), but we've all had such a good time with it that I'm glad we finally bought it. Dh and the kids (9 3/4, 8, and 6) are actually playing it again right now.

You could make something similar yourself, by cutting out pics from old magazines and gluing them onto index cards, or printing pics off the internet and gluing them. Then everyone could pick a card, and you could use your existing legos to build, and everyone could guess what the others had made.

I find it handy having the game, and it's great for nourishing creativity and spatial relationships. I really had to think on how to represent some of the things on the cards with Legos! My kids are better at it than me.

I was just reading the reviews of this game on Amazon and several said there weren't enought pieces to put the pictures together and that the pictures were very hard...what do you think??

I was just reading the reviews of this game on Amazon and several said there weren't enought pieces to put the pictures together and that the pictures were very hard...what do you think??

I can see how it would be nice to have more pieces, if you have more than one person building at a time. We have tons of Legos so could just borrow from there I guess. So far, we've made due. It really forces you to think creatively on how best to represent your card. Some of the pictures are very hard, but in a fun way for us. We don't try to exactly represent the picture if we can't, it has to be pretty abstract sometimes. We just think of what we can include that will give the other person enough of an idea, and the results can be lots of fun.

To anyone who already has hordes of Legos - unlike many of the kits, most of the games are pretty simple and don't have a lot of specialized pieces, therefore, I would say they're a candidate for being built at home with the Legos you've already got (again, assuming you've got too many already... which many of us do...). In case you didn't know, all the Lego building plans are available online for download by anyone. I think the idea is that you can get them if you lose yours.

Thank you for posting this! DH and I saw the Creationary game in Target a few weeks ago and we wanted to get it for ds for Christmas. I totally forgot about it until I saw this post. I have my Christmas "list" going now, so I just wrote that game on there. Now I won't forget!