Menu

Okay, so we're staying in a hotel. We've been here a week.

Last night, a church group (and lots of other people as there were only two rooms left this afternoon, but the church group are the people surrounding us) came in. This morning, they were laughing, hollering, banging on doors, slamming doors. This started about 5:20am. It's now 11:20 and they are STILL carrying on out in the hall. Kids yelling, knocking on door after door, people hanging out in the hall, etc. They've knocked on our door twice. At least they apologize for the mistake.

I just can't believe the disrespect and inconsideration! We whisper, if we talk at all, in the hall at 10am or 3pm and wouldn't dream of making a sound at 11pm or 5am! We keep our dog quiet. We ease the door shut so it doesn't make noise.

Anyway, I'm just venting. I realize they are on vacation, a fun trip with their friends. We're having a great time ourselves. I just don't think it's necessary to be so rude.

Could you call the reception desk and see if they would ask the group to take it down a notch or two?

I remember once leaving a motel in the middle of the night (we got our money back) because it was grad night and the management could not get control of the bunch even after they called the police. Hope tonight will be all quiet in your hallway!

That happend to me and a gf last year when we went to our homeschool fair. Only it was a gymnastics team that invaded. The girls were all roudy till well after midnight, running and rehearsing down the hallway. It turns out they had the whole floor rented except for our room. :001_huh: Two trips to ask them to be quiet is all it took. Sometimes large groups just assume (perhaps because they requested) that they have the whole floor or wing. Either way: rude and inconsiderate. If they didn't quiet down, yes, I would contact the front desk.

That's horrible! :( I would contact the front desk.

I never understood why people allow their hotel room doors to slam. It's inconsiderate. I now take earplugs with me on every trip so I can sleep undisturbed because it happens every time we stay in a hotel.

Well, the carrying on ended right at midnight. Then right at 4am, there was this MAJOR banging (not knocking) on a door. Hopefully whatever the deal was with that ended up okay (I'm thinking for such franic banging, maybe someone was ill or something big) However, it's 5:43 and all is quiet. Please let it stay that way.

Seriously, the construction workers are pretty bad in the mornings about slamming the doors but otherwise, they're quiet enough. They go down to the restaurant or bar or just go outside. Funny a church group can't do even as well as a group of men known for being a bit...ummm.... well yeah (I know--stereotype; but do you know how long I've listened about how immature, rude, obnoxious, uncouth, etc these men are?).

I'm guessing the church group probably isn't leaving til tomorrow, but we're a little hopeful they'll head home today.