Menu

Looking for gift-idea for dd 9

OK, so now I need something special for dd 9. We have pretty much everything, but have a holiday coming up so I need something for the child. The only thing she asked for was Kaiyah, the American girl doll, but that's not in our budget. She already owns the mini-one.

OK, so what do you suggest? I ordered her a book, but would like perhaps a logic game or something like that. She likes girly stuff also.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. A beading kit was definitely one of my ideas as well, so thanks, Kate, foe that reminder. nature bag is a cute idea except in this case we already own those items and the girls do nature study on their own. I might get her some nice, new sketchbook, though, as she loves new notebooks. Not sure what a zoobie is, but I'll find out! Manicure is sort of out; what Mother needs is a 2 week spa instead!

Thanks so much.

I have seen American Girl type dolls at Target with much more reasonable prices on them. I was beginning to sew doll clothes at about that age. By hand not machine. I stuck my finger under the needle while my mother's machine was running at a young age so I was leary of the machine until I was much older.

I have seen American Girl type dolls at Target with much more reasonable prices on them. I was beginning to sew doll clothes at about that age. By hand not machine. I stuck my finger under the needle while my mother's machine was running at a young age so I was leary of the machine until I was much older.

Wow, that sounds painful!! Dds actually have a couple of the Target dolls and a couple of German American girl-like dolls, but this dd had asked for the real thing, saying it's a collectible and what-not!!