Menu

does this type of online thing for a hs group exist?

I just had a thought today and maybe someone is familiar with it...

I am looking to start an online group for our hs group - I want to be able to

categorize books that we all have as well as useful links for us. Plus, I'd like us to be able to "chat" like in a yahoo group. It would be a private group.

I thought of doing it thru a yahoo group but... didn't think that would be a great avenue for showing what bks we all have available to share.

Does such an online thing exist? Any ideas?

thanks

Actually, you can create a table under "database" on yahoo groups that would probably give you what you were looking for. There are templates for a group music cd library which you could use for books, and also a group inventory template. We use yahoo for our homeschool group and it has worked out great for our needs.

The database in Yahoo is okay and has more functions than you might realize. But I'm personally so off Yahoo Groups.

Not a specific suggestion, but the blog Free Technology 4 Teachers often has free social media for educational purposes suggestions. You might try looking through his old posts. I haven't had a need of it, but I feel like I've seen a lot of interesting things for forming online groups through there.