Menu

Soooo Not Ready!!!

We're supposed to start on Tues. *snort*

The order I placed over 10 days ago is being shipped today. It was all in stock, they've just been really busy. Great. There goes Diva's language arts, history, geography. My RSD has been horrible this week. No sleep at all Monday (? I think it was Monday...might have been Tues?) stumbled through Tuesday like a Zombie, little sleep Tues night, Wolf stayed home Wed and I pretty much slept the clock 'round, until I woke up at 8pm, up til 3 am. Thurs was a blur, which brings me to today. Brain's working well enough to follow up on things I should have MUCH earlier in the week. The home school store I adore had open house two evenings this wk. Missed both of them. Since its a long wknd, I probably won't get there til the next one on Tues. Did I mention thats where I planned to get all our math, SOTW extras, Tazzie's science...basically anything that wasn't ordered over 10 days ago was to be bought at the store?

I have some MCT. We can get started on that, and Diva's science.

I'm soooooooo hooped. :crying::svengo:

Yay! I can get into the homeschool store tonight! Wooo hooo!

At the least, I'll have some new things for Tazzie to start on. He's the one I was worried about...he's used to the Bob books, the dried bean math manipulatives, Magic School Bus books...something new for him should whet his interest! :party:

If it helps, we're not ready either!

:grouphug:

It will be OK. Your curriculum is on it's way, and this gives you the opportunity to do some fun field trips, read some books, and do some fun science projects while you wait for it to get here.

:001_smile:

Did that help?:D

It will be OK. I don't think I'm ever ready to start school, no matter HOW ready I think I am.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Someone on these boards told someone else not to start until they were ready. She advised, "If you have to wait another week until you're really ready--then wait."

I followed that advice. I was planning on starting last Monday, but things got haywire and I wasn't ready. Oh, I could have pulled something together, but the house was a wreck and I would have been frazzled and I wouldn't have had all my supplies.

So, I waited a week. We'll start on Monday--but we'll be ready.

Edited by Garga

Thank you for this thread. I am not ready, either -- at least not completely ready. Some subjects we can definitely start with, but I'm frustrated by those we can't start yet. Still waiting on the Rainbow science order I placed 3 1/2 weeks ago; and I have some fine-tuning to do on other things. For instance, I designed, at dd's request, a history/literature program on early Celtic history. It looks great on paper -- and will look even better once I turn it into an actual schedule. Oh, and I need to put at least a few things on hold at the library to get her started. Well, she could actually do that herself, but until I make that schedule I don't know exactly what she needs. Also need to take a look at Sonlight, at least the first week. I've used SL in the past but didn't follow the instructor's guide very closely; this time I want to take advantage of all that's in the IG, but that means I need to actually *read* it.

Sigh. Where did the summer go? I was planning to do all this then.

OK Imp,

Are you still starting tomorrow? Because I'm not. I'm STILL not ready, and now I have one that's sick. I'm sorry, I cannot start without one. I can continue without one, but I can't start without one.

However, I plugged the dates into Homeschool Tracker, and even if we start next week and end the last week in June, we still have 15 extra days to play with (we need 180 days).

Hopefully that will make you feel better :)

Blessings!

Dorinda

Start tomorrow? Thats still the plan...although losing 20 hrs this wknd didn't help.

No, thats not a typo. I went grocery shopping on Sat (really vague memory of that), came home at noon, Wolf sent me to bed and told me, "Stay there for 18 hrs" since I hadn't slept more than 2 hrs at a time in days.

I took 20 hrs. Woke up Sunday at 8 am. Apparently, Wolf checked me for breathing several times, even tickling my face to get me to move when he couldn't see me breathing. He's paranoid about sleeping with a dead woman. :lol:

Start tomorrow? Thats still the plan...although losing 20 hrs this wknd didn't help.

No, thats not a typo. I went grocery shopping on Sat (really vague memory of that), came home at noon, Wolf sent me to bed and told me, "Stay there for 18 hrs" since I hadn't slept more than 2 hrs at a time in days.

I took 20 hrs. Woke up Sunday at 8 am. Apparently, Wolf checked me for breathing several times, even tickling my face to get me to move when he couldn't see me breathing. He's paranoid about sleeping with a dead woman. :lol:

Good for you! We watched 18 hours of "Hannah Montana" on Netflix so I don't think my excuse for losing 18 hours is viable.:lol: And, dd is mysteriously better today so I'm thinking I should get off my butt and get some work done. DARN!:toetap05:

I should be organizing, putting things into individual boxes for tomorrow...

Yet here I sit, hoping the Littles crash out for 'quiet time' soon.

Considering I just caught them licking out chocolate icing from a pkg of mini-cupcakes (shopping haze), its doubtful.