Menu

Where to buy Long shirts or tunics?

My first 10 pound weight loss is coming up and I'd promised myself a new shirt. I want one long enough to cover my bottom or at least half of my bottom. I want it washable - no dry clean or special handling. And I want it nice casual - ie. I can wear it with jeans but still feel like I'm not being dumpy. Any good brands or stores that carry shirts like this? (I hate to clothes shop since I always feel so depressed about my weight when I do, so I don't really know where to look for things.) I saw a really nice one on a Muslim woman the other day but was too embarrassed to run after her to ask her where she got it.

I find tunics at Kohls and buy tall shirts from Old Navy or Gap. I'm only 5'7", but I find that most regular shirts expose my back if I raise my arms. Really, if you buy anything called a tunic it should be the length you need. :) I bought some cute ones at Kohls last week that can be dressed up or down.

I wish you could go with me.:)

Awwww, thanks! I wish I could go with you too! I am sure that your dh is happy I am not going with you.;)

A month or so ago, I took dd11 to Plato's Closet (consignment shop) to get her 'a couple of pair of shorts for day camp.' Well, $600+ later, we were finished shopping. Do you know how much you can get at Plato's Closet with $600? ALOT!!!!! I mean, Banana Republic shorts for her for $2.00!!!!!!!! Well, I mean, how can you not buy EVERY.SINGLE.PAIR.THAT.THEY.HAVE?

My dh has learned that whatever he thinks something would reasonably cost, he needs to add at least two zeros to it.:lol::lol:

Awwww, thanks! I wish I could go with you too! I am sure that your dh is happy I am not going with you.;)

A month or so ago, I took dd11 to Plato's Closet (consignment shop) to get her 'a couple of pair of shorts for day camp.' Well, $600+ later, we were finished shopping. Do you know how much you can get at Plato's Closet with $600? ALOT!!!!! I mean, Banana Republic shorts for her for $2.00!!!!!!!! Well, I mean, how can you not buy EVERY.SINGLE.PAIR.THAT.THEY.HAVE?

My dh has learned that whatever he thinks something would reasonably cost, he needs to add at least two zeros to it.:lol::lol:

:eek: I couldn't afford to go shopping with you!:D

I saw a really nice one on a Muslim woman the other day but was too embarrassed to run after her to ask her where she got it.

Who wouldn't be flattered to be asked where she got something? I say, next time, JUST DO IT and ask her! :)

I like longer shirts too, but they go in and out of style. A few years back, Indian style stuff was "in" and I found a few great ones at Macy's.

p.s. I just got tons of kids' clothes at JCPenney for $1.50 each.