Menu

Too much Logic?

Either someone is eating hangers for breakfast or everyone is forgetting to return hangers to the laundry room.

No one is eating hangers for breakfast.

Therefore everyone is forgetting to return hangers to the laundry room.

When mom brainlessly scrawls this note at midnight and hangs it up for the family to read, what does it mean? The kids had to discuss if it were valid. One said that there were more options. Another tried to rewrite it in another form. I miraculously have an extra 2 dozen hangers in my laundry room this morning.

In 2 years my last child will graduate. What will I do then????

Jean

Edited by Jean in Wisc

Wow, having them bring hangers to the laundry room. Thank you!!! Hopefully my family will do this. I sometimes do laundry late, and have been known to sneak into bedrooms of sleeping people to steal hangers...

When my kids were little, one of the chores was collecting hangers. As soon as a child is tall enough to reach, it went on his chore chart. LOL!

Today I have no little kids, and they are all required to return them to the laundry room or, at the least, put them in the hamper with their dirty laundry.

Maybe we have a Grendel that eats hangers? Now that could be put in a syllogism, too...

:lol::lol:

Either someone is eating hangers for breakfast or everyone is forgetting to return hangers to the laundry room.

No one is eating hangers for breakfast.

Therefore everyone is forgetting to return hangers to the laundry room.

When mom brainlessly scrawls this note at midnight and hangs it up for the family to read, what does it mean? The kids had to discuss if it were valid. One said that there were more options. Another tried to rewrite it in another form. I miraculously have an extra 2 dozen hangers in my laundry room this morning.

In 2 years my last child will graduate. What will I do then????

Jean

I love it. Perhaps after they all graduate you could write a book of "Logic for the keeping of a home". I would so use that. :D

:lol:

I enjoyed this. My eldest has made up many of these, but for the most part uses false syllogisms as jokes. I think this is more her personality than too much logic, since so far she's only done TL 1. She also does Geometry in her head looking at things IRL and when she was doing Algebra 1 would make up Algebra problems in her head for things IRL. Now all she has to do is to channel that ability into focusing on her assigned work! My 12 yo is going to do TL this year (yes, she's young but she really likes logic and aspires to go to an agricultural high school in 2 years, so I want to get TL 1 & 2 done just in case a. we do apply, b. she gets in and c. we let her go.