Menu

What am I doing wrong?? They are driving me CRAZY!!

Last year went so great especially since it was our first year. Now this year is a different story. We are only in our 2nd week and all they do is fight. I spend most of our day working with them either one on one or in a group. As soon as I get up and walk out of the room for one minute they are either fighting or just not following any of the rules. They constantly interrupt me when I am working one on one with one of them even though they know not to do this. What is going on? How can I fix this? Our days are horrible and I have a huge headache right now. :confused::confused:

Let them know every time you come back to find them fighting means 20 pushups. Or 20 laps around the house. In fact, just skip the warning part and make them run laps for "disturbing the peace".......

ps.... it's probably related to their ages. I find that as the kids get older, they need more physical activity in order to be nice to each other. Particularly as they get closer to puberty!

Let them know every time you come back to find them fighting means 20 pushups. Or 20 laps around the house. In fact, just skip the warning part and make them run laps for "disturbing the peace".......

ps.... it's probably related to their ages. I find that as the kids get older, they need more physical activity in order to be nice to each other. Particularly as they get closer to puberty!

That's a great idea! My mother suggested I make them sit in a chair just away from a blank wall for a certain amount of time. Then she mentioned something about duct tape on the mouth and we decided that might not be legal! lol

Thowell, this is our house too, with or without schooling.

Let them know every time you come back to find them fighting means 20 pushups. Or 20 laps around the house. In fact, just skip the warning part and make them run laps for "disturbing the peace"...
:w00t: Am I a horrible mom for thinking this is a wonderful idea?!? We actually have a track around our front field they can literally "take a lap" around!

Last year went so great especially since it was our first year. Now this year is a different story. We are only in our 2nd week and all they do is fight. I spend most of our day working with them either one on one or in a group. As soon as I get up and walk out of the room for one minute they are either fighting or just not following any of the rules. They constantly interrupt me when I am working one on one with one of them even though they know not to do this. What is going on? How can I fix this? Our days are horrible and I have a huge headache right now. :confused::confused:

Thank you for saving me the energy of starting my own thread. I would have been typing the EXACT same words. :tongue_smilie:

Then she mentioned something about duct tape on the mouth and we decided that might not be legal! lol

Are you sure? Not even the pretty colored kind?:lol:

I tried the physical activity thing as a form of punishment for not staying on task when I am out of the room (mine don't argue they break into a comedy routine and start acting ridiculous) and they liked being able to get up and do push-ups or jumping jacks too much. They started goofing of on purpose. :glare: Now, I assign extra chores. Washing dishes by hand instead of putting them in the dishwasher is a sure cure for unwanted behavior. Make the consequence REALLY unpleasant and I bet you won't have to deal with it too much longer. Hang in there!

I have the same problem in my house. I tried the pushups and my son thought it was fun!!! :confused:

I just explained that I have a set amount of time to help them with school work. If they aren't using my time to the best of their ability then it takes more time from the rest of my day when I need to get other things done. If they eat into my time they earn work time to help me out........since obviously now I can't get everything done that i was planning on because you wasted it :) Things like wiping down baseboards, cleaning out the cat box, scrubbing the toilet etc. Nothing fun of course.;)