Menu

Anyone use the reusable cloth sandwich bags?

Tap

I wash them if my daughter doesn't eat her sandwich with meat and cheese in it and it sits there long enough to get yucky and stink. Usually once the sandwich is out the bag doesn't stink and looks perfectly clean but it grosses me out. Otherwise, I shake the crumbs out and only wash if a blueberry gets smashed or something.

Yes, we used these from resuablebags.com often. They're fantastic for road trips, picnics, sack lunches.

Adn we've also used these baggies

And these napkins

And everyone's got a kleen kanteen

I didn't buy everything at once though. Little by Little we've added.

Yes, I wash them off with a dish cloth or if they're yucky into the wash machine.

I want them, but we're out and about so infrequently during mealtimes that I just haven't convinced myself to buy them yet.

Personally, I would launder with the rest of my kitchen cloth after each use. I picture even the tiniest crumbs or residue growing mold spores, even though I realize I'm probably a bit paranoid. It might make a good science experiment though!

Personally, I would launder with the rest of my kitchen cloth after each use. I picture even the tiniest crumbs or residue growing mold spores, even though I realize I'm probably a bit paranoid. It might make a good science experiment though!

:iagree: The recent news of bacteria and e coli growing in cloth shopping bags really make me wonder about the "green logic" of these cloth sandwich bags. Looking back in the old days, one simply carried a meal in a basket or tin pail w/a covered cloth -- but they did wash the cloth regularly. I would also think that the old fashioned wax paper would be ideal to use also (what my grandmother used). Wax paper can be washed and re-used time and again.

New Study shows people who use cloth bags never wash them and expose themselves to bacteria and e coli:

http://www.mercurynews.com/food-wine-headlines/ci_15696582