Menu

My friend moved away...

The summer's been crazy, y'all know that. Things have been quiet for long enough now that I'm starting to feel sane & human (despite the move, lol).

Anyway, dh has been working a little more the last two weeks, to help pay for the move. The kids are big enough now that that's totally fine. I actually love my nights alone w/ them. We stay up way too late, talk, giggle, last night we dissected flowers. My kids are way cool, & really, it would be hard to ever feel lonely w/ kids like that, no matter what life dished up.

But...I guess tonight it's hitting me. I've met some wonderful hs moms here at seminary, but most of the women I've met, for some reason, have been moms of preschoolers. Great women, but...there are things that they just don't get yet. They groan at the thought of hs'ing. That's fine--it doesn't have to be for everybody. But the collective groan that went up from three of them in my living room the other day was a little much for me.

And now I'm...I don't make friends w/ girls easily. I never have. And getting married really killed the guy-friend thing. ;) I'd just gotten comfortable w/ that reality when I met this friend who moved away this summer.

The week she left was so exhausting that I was relieved to see her go. So my kids would stop crying, so I didn't have to have other people's kids over here, so I could just think about my little plot of life for a while.

I don't really like people that much, going out places, being optimistic, social niceties, etc. She thought that was funny. We could get together w/out showers or clean clothes or feeding our own kids--all the stuff you'd never do in front of "real" people, kwim? We could call ea other on bad days & just skip school--did I mention she hs's?

So now on the days dh works late or long & I haven't talked to anyone over 9yo except the lady who called from the March of Dimes...

I kind-of don't want to be friends with anybody. I want to fold my arms across my chest & kick somebody's block tower over. If dh were here, I could do just that, & he'd understand. Well...usually. ;)

*sigh* I think I'm really dreading new house, new church, new people. But not *quite* as much as I dread people who already know me. :lol:

The summer's been crazy, y'all know that. Things have been quiet for long enough now that I'm starting to feel sane & human (despite the move, lol).

Anyway, dh has been working a little more the last two weeks, to help pay for the move. The kids are big enough now that that's totally fine. I actually love my nights alone w/ them. We stay up way too late, talk, giggle, last night we dissected flowers. My kids are way cool, & really, it would be hard to ever feel lonely w/ kids like that, no matter what life dished up.

But...I guess tonight it's hitting me. I've met some wonderful hs moms here at seminary, but most of the women I've met, for some reason, have been moms of preschoolers. Great women, but...there are things that they just don't get yet. They groan at the thought of hs'ing. That's fine--it doesn't have to be for everybody. But the collective groan that went up from three of them in my living room the other day was a little much for me.

And now I'm...I don't make friends w/ girls easily. I never have. And getting married really killed the guy-friend thing. ;) I'd just gotten comfortable w/ that reality when I met this friend who moved away this summer.

The week she left was so exhausting that I was relieved to see her go. So my kids would stop crying, so I didn't have to have other people's kids over here, so I could just think about my little plot of life for a while.

I don't really like people that much, going out places, being optimistic, social niceties, etc. She thought that was funny. We could get together w/out showers or clean clothes or feeding our own kids--all the stuff you'd never do in front of "real" people, kwim? We could call ea other on bad days & just skip school--did I mention she hs's?

So now on the days dh works late or long & I haven't talked to anyone over 9yo except the lady who called from the March of Dimes...

I kind-of don't want to be friends with anybody. I want to fold my arms across my chest & kick somebody's block tower over. If dh were here, I could do just that, & he'd understand. Well...usually. ;)

*sigh* I think I'm really dreading new house, new church, new people. But not *quite* as much as I dread people who already know me. :lol:

OMH -- THAT'S me!!!!!!! Hang in there. This is a 'season' - I know it's tough, and the work of moving is just, well, one just has to do it and not think about it......or they would never be able to do it, kwim? And, getting settled in a new place, well, after you are settled, it will be an adventure. Just take it in little pieces. :grouphug:

Aubrey, have I ever told you....you are a most interesting woman! :grouphug: to you and yours and hoping for a bright future for you.

Ahh, so sorry.

You moved away, too, & right when you started hs'ing. :glare:

I can't remember where y'all are now, but if it's where I think, we're going to be pretty close. I'll email ya later. :001_smile:

I sent whatsername a nasty 1AM email about missing her. Kicking block towers & everything. :lol:

2yo last night told me she didn't want to be my Abigator any more. Then she closed her eyes, got in her imaginary plane & flew to L's house, to be HER Abigator. :001_huh:

:grouphug: There with ya....and I am builing a big...tall...virtual block tower....and you can kick it with all you've got!

I don't get to move...I still have to know some of these people....BUT, I don't EVER have to let them see me seat...KWIM?

:grouphug:

~~Faithe

:crying: Nobody's ever built me a virtual block tower to kick. That's SO NICE. *sniff* I bet you don't live around here, though, do you? I'm thinking lock the kids in the hs closet & meet for pumpkin lattes. :D

:grouphug:Gee, had to check to see if I wrote this post in my sleep or something. We are very much alike. I don't make friends easily..especially girls...and that doesn't help when you are married! My best friend and neighbor moved to Texas this past October. We are slowly getting back to meeting people and movin' on. Don't know if you are a christian or not but I had to pray about it and ask God to send like minded people my way because on my own...I just wouldn't see it happening! Keep on going..things will get better.Pm me anytime if you'd like!

:grouphug:Gee, had to check to see if I wrote this post in my sleep or something. We are very much alike. I don't make friends easily..especially girls...and that doesn't help when you are married! My best friend and neighbor moved to Texas this past October. We are slowly getting back to meeting people and movin' on. Don't know if you are a christian or not but I had to pray about it and ask God to send like minded people my way because on my own...I just wouldn't see it happening! Keep on going..things will get better.Pm me anytime if you'd like!

Oooh, I'm in Tx--maybe we can trade neighbors. You get the one who moved away from here; I'll take yours! :D

I am a Christian, but when we moved here, I'd long since quit praying for friends. I'd really gotten quite happy to be on my own. But dh wanted me to have them & was praying, & df was praying for someone, so *I* was her answered prayer. Hehehe. If you don't think God has a sense of humor....nevermind. :001_huh: I don't think I've ever been anybody's answered prayer before. :lol:

Oooh, I'm in Tx--maybe we can trade neighbors. You get the one who moved away from here; I'll take yours! :D

I am a Christian, but when we moved here, I'd long since quit praying for friends. I'd really gotten quite happy to be on my own. But dh wanted me to have them & was praying, & df was praying for someone, so *I* was her answered prayer. Hehehe. If you don't think God has a sense of humor....nevermind. :001_huh: I don't think I've ever been anybody's answered prayer before. :lol:

He he he! You're funny! I'm quite happy on my own as well. People seem to drain me and I get tired when I have to be "too social". When I said to pray for a friend..I also should have said that I meant for my children as well because the neighbors were our childrens only friends except for a casual friend or two that they'd see from time to time. I guess I never thought to branch out and meet other people when we had such great friends next door. No driving kids around or dropping them off anywhere.. just open the door and let 'em go!

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? Substitute "MIL" for "lady... from the March of Dimes" and you've got me. And the kind of friend I wish I could find here.

Hang in there! Just know I understand, at least!

Well, if it makes you feel any better... I have lived in my little stupid town for 7 years and I dont have any real friends here and probably never will. I have 2 awesome girl friends that live back up in Chicago and I am beginning to think they are all I will ever need. I am on my own too.

I dont like the girls here because most of them seem to think high school is still going on...10-15 years later SIGH.

Oh well. I got my hubby and my kids and my Internet.

Hang in there. I have come to the conclusion that friends are overrated and you are SO lucky to have at least one great one throughout your life.

Edited by kwickimom
typo