Menu

do these clash? Please help me tonight.

Ok, my brain is mush. I had a root canal today and no coffee. I have been looking for lighting for our addition for waaaaaaaay too long now. I've finally narrowed the search. I got dh's opinion but he is not good at decorating. Take that for what it's worth. :tongue_smilie:

I *love* different and I love bold colors. I'm the decorator and dh likes pretty much all I do, so I'm making the final decision. I would like to note that dh really likes the pendant lights we've picked out, and I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours looking for some. I'm sticking with these and will switch the ceiling fan if necessary. The sconces are NOT optional and have been ordered, the pendants and ceiling fan have not been ordered. I don't think sconces really need to match anything else anyway.

After much thought, and weeding out the lights that may have matched my sconces (http://www.lumens.com/Fantasia-Belle-Greca-Red-Small-Short-Wall-Sconce-by-Oggetti-Luce/uu120522/product?ad_id=bizrate&utm_source=bizrate&utm_medium=cpc#) better, I've finally gone with the lights of dh's choice:

AAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE ARE THE LIGHTS: http://www.lightinguniverse.com/products/view.aspx?sku=853926

and then I found this ceiling fan. I love the uniqueness of the ceiling fan. Dh loves it. It's not normally my style but I like this one. Since this will be in our breakfast nook/dining room, I'm going for a fan a little classier than the Bahama ones I like a lot. But I'm wondering......... I don't believe the sconces and the pendants will clash. The pendants will be on the far sides of the room. The sconces will be in the middle of the room on either side of the fireplace. I finally decided they wouldn't clash much, but will adding this be too much? Would the fan clash with the lights? Would the three different styles be too much? I think it almost has a Victorian flare to it:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/ceiling-fans/minka-aire-f705-2-light-56in-napoli-ceiling-fan_g279126.html?searchTerm=minka%20aire%20ceiling%20fan

If I slept on this I'd probably have a clear mind and be able to make up my mind tomorrow.

Going to pour a glass of reisling and wait for responses. Please help! I want to be done with this!!!

ETA: Please zoom in on this ceiling fan to see the detail as that's what's making me thing too much to clash. Then again, it will be high up on the ceiling.

Edited by Denisemomof4

Ok, my brain is mush. I had a root canal today and no coffee. I have been looking for lighting for our addition for waaaaaaaay too long now. I've finally narrowed the search. I got dh's opinion but he is not good at decorating. Take that for what it's worth. :tongue_smilie:

I *love* different and I love bold colors. I'm the decorator and dh likes pretty much all I do, so I'm making the final decision. I would like to note that dh really likes the pendant lights we've picked out, and I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours looking for some. I'm sticking with these and will switch the ceiling fan if necessary. The sconces are NOT optional and have been ordered, the pendants and ceiling fan have not been ordered. I don't think sconces really need to match anything else anyway.

After much thought, and weeding out the lights that may have matched my sconces (http://www.lumens.com/Fantasia-Belle-Greca-Red-Small-Short-Wall-Sconce-by-Oggetti-Luce/uu120522/product?ad_id=bizrate&utm_source=bizrate&utm_medium=cpc#) better, I've finally gone with the lights of dh's choice:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/search/default.aspx?&&&&&&term=pendant+lights&Type=439&x=0&y=0&&page=7

There are about 40 lamps on that page. Which one is dh's choice?

and then I found this ceiling fan. I love the uniqueness of the ceiling fan. Dh loves it. It's not normally my style but I like this one. Since this will be in our breakfast nook/dining room, I'm going for a fan a little classier than the Bahama ones I like a lot. But I'm wondering......... I don't believe the sconces and the pendants will clash. The pendants will be on the far sides of the room. The sconces will be in the middle of the room on either side of the fireplace. I finally decided they wouldn't clash much, but will adding this be too much? Would the fan clash with the lights? Would the three different styles be too much? I think it almost has a Victorian flare to it:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/ceiling-fans/minka-aire-f705-2-light-56in-napoli-ceiling-fan_g279126.html?searchTerm=minka%20aire%20ceiling%20fan

If I slept on this I'd probably have a clear mind and be able to make up my mind tomorrow.

Going to pour a glass of reisling and wait for responses. Please help! I want to be done with this!!!

ETA: Please zoom in on this ceiling fan to see the detail as that's what's making me thing too much to clash. Then again, it will be high up on the ceiling.

The link with the pendant lamps shows about 40 lamps.

So you are definitely getting the red sconces, correct? The next link shows several different pendants, so we need to know which one your dh likes. I do see the fan and I think it looks much more traditional than the modern light pendants. I personally do not like the fan with your sconces.

it is showing a page of many lights..... Now...you better put down the wine, LOLOLOLOL!

NO!!!

I'm going to take a stab at it and guess that your dh chose the blue pendant lights that were the second on the page. Am I right? Do I get the prize?! And what is that prize anyway?

NO!!! The lights HE likes aren't even on that link!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

ok, here's what I'm thinking. I do think there are too many different styles here. I can't visualize all those coming together nicely.

I bought the sconces. Maybe I should wait to make sure they're the shade and TYPE of glass I like (translucent) before making a decision on everything else.

I don't know why this has been so stressful. Decorating is normally a breeze for me.

As tired as I am I'm not seeing all three work for now. We'll see.

How about these:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/mini-pendants/prima-lighting-glass-mini-pendant_g386538.html?searchTerm=pig%20pendant

I love pigs. THey would match, wouldn't they? :lol:

I cannot leave you alone for 10 or 12 hours, can I?:toetap05:

Good grief! And it's not even Friday!!!!!!! I will say, though, that was a really good 3000th post for you!:hurray:

And, I hope you have a wall for this:1410286597_d4923e4c3e.jpg?v=0

I wll be shipping it out tomorrow. Oh, and I'll have a glass of Reisling!;)

Edited by MariannNOVA
ETA: Had to add goat - sorry, he was hanging out with the cabana boy! OH, THOSE KIDS!

I cannot leave you alone for 10 or 12 hours, can I?:toetap05:

Good grief! And it's not even Friday!!!!!!! I will say, though, that was a really good 3000th post for you!:hurray:

And, I hope you have a wall for this: I wll be shipping it out tomorrow. Oh, and I'll have a glass of Reisling!;)

I'm a mess! My brain is swimming in stress chemicals because I can't settle on pendant lights that cost less than $300 each! I need 6. Do you like the pig light? I'll send you one if you promise to hang it in a VERY visible area. :lol:

I ended up being shocked by my glass of "Reisling" because it was somehow different. I *assumed* it was a Reisling in the blue bottle but it was imported from Italy and a TREAT! I got it at World Market right by our hotel. I brought back a few goodies from there.

I know! 3000 posts!!!!!!!!!!:party:

What do I need a wall for? Did you forget something? :toetap05:

I am seeing three different individual lights for the links posted so I will take a stab at it.

The sconces, which I love BTW, have a black finish (or silver), tall rounded globe, bright colors, simple scroll pattern and are pretty modern looking.

The pendant has a bronze finish, square globe, earthy colors, geometric patterns and is very art-deco looking.

The fan has a walnut or brown finish, flat rounded globe, earthy colors, very busy scroll pattern, and is more rustic looking to me.

I don't think the light have to be matchy-matchy, but they do need something to tie them together - either finish, globe shape, colors, details, style... something. I am just not feeling "tied together" with these choices.

But after all the discussion on links, I may not even be seeing the correct choices, so ignore if that's the case. LOL!

The other think is is you love them ignore what anyone else says and go with what you love. You are the one who will have to live with them. I will also say that when I was building my house, those things I picked that I didn't absolutely love are the things I *really* wish I didn't have to live with now. If you can wait, I would try to find something you really love.

I'm a mess! My brain is swimming in stress chemicals because I can't settle on pendant lights that cost less than $300 each! I need 6. Do you like the pig light? I'll send you one if you promise to hang it in a VERY visible area. :lol:

I ended up being shocked by my glass of "Reisling" because it was somehow different. I *assumed* it was a Reisling in the blue bottle but it was imported from Italy and a TREAT! I got it at World Market right by our hotel. I brought back a few goodies from there.

I know! 3000 posts!!!!!!!!!!:party:

What do I need a wall for? Did you forget something? :toetap05:

I just saw that HE didn't show up. He is there now - ;)

I am seeing three different individual lights for the links posted so I will take a stab at it.

The sconces, which I love BTW, have a black finish (or silver), tall rounded globe, bright colors, simple scroll pattern and are pretty modern looking.

The pendant has a bronze finish, square globe, earthy colors, geometric patterns and is very art-deco looking.

The fan has a walnut or brown finish, flat rounded globe, earthy colors, very busy scroll pattern, and is more rustic looking to me.

I don't think the light have to be matchy-matchy, but they do need something to tie them together - either finish, globe shape, colors, details, style... something. I am just not feeling "tied together" with these choices.

But after all the discussion on links, I may not even be seeing the correct choices, so ignore if that's the case. LOL!

The other think is is you love them ignore what anyone else says and go with what you love. You are the one who will have to live with them. I will also say that when I was building my house, those things I picked that I didn't absolutely love are the things I *really* wish I didn't have to live with now. If you can wait, I would try to find something you really love.

Thank you very much. Although I didn't sleep well last night, I did sleep and once I looked into the room my first thought was, "What were you thinking?"

;)

Your thoughts are EXACTLY mine. I think it's ok for the sconces to be different from everything else. And I think the lights could work with the sconces. The ceiling fan is too different. Different style, different finish.

I'm going to wait until the sconces come to make sure they are the TYPE of art glass I like, which I expect them to be, and I will go from there. I tried to find the link for lights which would just tie it all together, but dh is not crazy about the lights. I honestly think, though, once he saw them he'd be happier. I also know how he works. At this point he's going to start to like everything I show him because he wants this over with. ;):lol:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I just saw that HE didn't show up. He is there now - ;)

Oh, Mariann, are you REALLY going to send him to me? What GOOD friend you are. You are just SO kind and generous!!! How in the world will you ever be able to part with him? My friends will be SO jealous when they see our new decoration.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, Mariann, are you REALLY going to send him to me? What GOOD friend you are. You are just SO kind and generous!!! How in the world will you ever be able to part with him? My friends will be SO jealous when they see our new decoration.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well then, the first one who says that they wish they had one just like it, you just give it to her. And tell her you wouldn't have it any other way.

And, Denise, I know it is ME but I CANNOT follow what you are asking about the light fixtured. I think my brain is just plain lazy. Must go shred. Maybe b4 I go, I will try to figure out what you asking.;)

Here goes:

I like the one with the red shade (bella fantasia or something). I like the ceiling fan with it. I don't care for the other pendant - just not something I care for.

I like the red shaded bella with the ceiling fan - I think they work.

Is there a pendant that is supposed to go with Bella and the ceiling fan? I will need to see that before I give any more opinions.

Are you going for Old World? (which is a fabulous look). Those two will do it for sure.

Here goes:

I like the one with the red shade (bella fantasia or something). I like the ceiling fan with it. I don't care for the other pendant - just not something I care for.

I like the red shaded bella with the ceiling fan - I think they work.

Is there a pendant that is supposed to go with Bella and the ceiling fan? I will need to see that before I give any more opinions.

Are you going for Old World? (which is a fabulous look). Those two will do it for sure.

I'm not really going for any certain look. I find what I like and I just get it. ;) But I do think they all somehow clash, and dh really likes the pendants. I think I could make them work with another fan. I do like them, Mission style, but I found others that would tie the room together more nicely. I don't want to switch the lights he really likes, but maybe we can put them in the kitchen when we remodel next year.

Looking some more today. It's going to be a SCORCHER and I don't plan to do much of anything. I really want to start the shred. You've inspired me! I want to do that and a power walk every day but am still waiting to not have so much swelling. How long before your ankle stopped swelling and hurting?

And, PLEASE change the bra on my new decoration before you send it. I do believe the burgundy will clash with my sconces. I want to hang him right above the fireplace so he really needs to match the sconces. I'm going to put a cigar in his mouth and a propeller baseball hat on his head.:001_tt2:

NO SHRED FOR YOU!!!!! You have to start with Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. You cannot do the shred with an injury -- you hear me?:toetap05: There is impact - jumping jacks, jumping rope, butt kicks.......no shred for you.

Get the Leslie Sansone DVD -- Do you have pay per view? It might be on there. Start with her first level -- IF I was just getting over my ankle injury, THAT is the workout I would do. Your ankle is vulnerable......you must be gentle with it.

Stick with Leslie till ALL swelling and discomfort are gone. You hear me?:toetap05: You do not want to end up needing ankle surgery.

OK - and that explains why I don't care for that other pendant - I do not know why but I am not a fan of mission style. You need a fan with less 'work' on it to go with mission.

must.go.shred.

Edited by MariannNOVA
ETA: You know I am saying this in the most gentle tone - you must be so careful with THAT ankle. Truly!