Menu

Any more great educational videos like this?

MamaBearTeacher

Check you local library or NetFlix for anything by NOVA, DK Eyewittness, National Geographic, can't think of the others. We watched a TON of science and history vids after my last baby was born. LOVE them! Unfortunately, we maxed out the library system here.

Ooh -- that sounds great. Thanks so much for the recommendation.

Nathan and Aaron, our history documentary lovers, really like:

Engineering an Empire

Battle 360 (I seriously think Nathan has watched this 20 times)

Dogfights

We just watched Power Builders: Leaders and Cities by Discovery Channel School with DS9 and DS6. It traces the development of the world's great cities. It was very interesting! Anything else like this? Doesn't have to be on the same topic.

I also have 2 history documentary loving boys and am looking for recommendations so thanks!

They are asleep but I know they've recently enjoyed Battlefield Britain and 20th Century Battlefields, both by the same father-son duo. We got one from our library and saw the other one on cable. It seems good to me too -- the presenters do a mix of visiting the current sites and discussing the battles in the past. There is some re-enactment and it is well done.

We get cable, and there's a lot on the History, Science, Nat Geo and Discovery Channels.

Aaron loves these!

I also have 2 history documentary loving boys and am looking for recommendations so thanks!

They are asleep but I know they've recently enjoyed Battlefield Britain and 20th Century Battlefields, both by the same father-son duo. We got one from our library and saw the other one on cable. It seems good to me too -- the presenters do a mix of visiting the current sites and discussing the battles in the past. There is some re-enactment and it is well done.

We get cable, and there's a lot on the History, Science, Nat Geo and Discovery Channels.