Menu

i have blood clots, please pray

On Aug 14, I broke my leg in Yellowstone from stepping incorrectly on some stairs. I had a cast put on there. Then I flew back to VA a few days later and the following day, I saw an orthopedist. He put on a fiberglass walking cast. Yesterday, I went for a recheck and my fracture is healing fine. However, my leg hurt and so the doctor took off my cast, put me in a boot, and ordered me to get an ultrasound of my leg. That happened last evening and it turns out I have blood clots in both my lower leg and my thigh. I spent overnight in the hospital and am back home this evening, on two kinds of blood thinners. I would appreciate prayers for the blood clots to dissolve, no more clots to occur, and for no bad effects from the medications. Thanks.

There is a fermented soybean that the Japanese have been eating for thousands of years called natto. It is excellent for circulatory problems, clots, fibroids, diabetes and high blood pressure. The Japanese as a nation live the longest. When you come off the blood thinners, you might want to consider 1 or 2 capsules a day.

Here is a link to lots of reviews of it:

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Nattokinase-2-000-FUs-90-Veggie-Caps/33?at=1

Some of the reviews claim that the natto has dissolved clots.

I am not on Lovenox since I have an allergy to that. I am on Arixtra and on Coumeden (sp?). THe Arixtra is a once daily injection. THe coumeden I take orally once a day too.
I'm glad to hear you're not on heparin. I have a blood clotting disorder and have taken at various times both Lovenox and heparin prophylactically (while pregnant) and therapeutically. If another option is financially feasible, I'd never choose heparin. It sounds like they're taking good care of you, and I hope your coumadin levels stabilize quickly.

:grouphug:

I was on Lovenox ( for a few days unitl I developed an allergy) and then heparin when I was in Belgium. That was as a preventative. I don't think the Axitra is taken for as long as the heparin was. I think the coumadin will be the main medication. I am already developing bruises where they taped a bandage over an iv site. It is so not fun to have auto-immune diseases. You end up with so many allergies, strange reactions, etc. on top of your normal disease.

I am doing okay. I saw my doctor yesterday and he told me I will be on Coumedin for 3-6 months at least. He will refer me to a hematologist after we finish. He also told me that whenever I have a long airplane trip, I will be prescribed a blood thinner shot to take during the flight. I had my blood test yesterday and it was still too thick so he upped the Coumadin and I will retest on Tuesday.

I am having bad PMS right now and the stress of this is just not helping. Please continue to pray.

I am doing okay. I saw my doctor yesterday and he told me I will be on Coumedin for 3-6 months at least. He will refer me to a hematologist after we finish. He also told me that whenever I have a long airplane trip, I will be prescribed a blood thinner shot to take during the flight. I had my blood test yesterday and it was still too thick so he upped the Coumadin and I will retest on Tuesday.

I am having bad PMS right now and the stress of this is just not helping. Please continue to pray.

Of course! I am so sorry, sweetie!

:grouphug:Praying here.:grouphug: