Menu

WP Users...AAS1 or AS1, help me decide..

ktwensel

I have a 3rd and 5th grader. Would you use The American Story 1 with them or skip it all together and use All American Set 1? We really want to do the Time Travelers kits and they are not used in AS1.

I keep seeing that there is (was) an AS1 Middler Guide but I am assuming when they created All American Set that guide was removed. Is that right?

Also, has their shipping improved? I'm going to need just the guide pretty quickly?

Thanks again!!

We really enjoyed AAI --I used it with my then 5 yo, 4th grader and 7th grader. Obviously the 5 yo just tagged along w/ some of the materials as the TT was over his head and I added in some of the ASI books. That said, I have read that some people haven't liked the AAI bec it felt disjointed to them and didn't flow as nicely as say doing ASI and then AS2 bec it is a combo program attempting to combine the best of ASI and Am Crossings. Also, some have indicated a preference to use the Am Crossing and Am Cultures for either Jr. High level so didn't want to use the AAI.

I just ordered portions of CAW and two science programs --I ordered on a Monday (called in my order) and I received all but two items within a 2 week time frame. The 2 items that weren't in the pkg I received the following day from Amazon. I ordered from Rainbow Resource the same day and it took them 2 weeks as well.

Since Amer Crossing is for grades 4-8 and your younger just misses the cutoff and you are wanting to use the Time Travelers, I'd just get Amer Crossing and use the 3rd grade Early Amer readers. (unless your 3rd grader is still an "emerging" reader, then go down a level in readers- they are sort of challenging in the reader department).

Since Amer Crossing is for grades 4-8 and your younger just misses the cutoff and you are wanting to use the Time Travelers, I'd just get Amer Crossing and use the 3rd grade Early Amer readers. (unless your 3rd grader is still an "emerging" reader, then go down a level in readers- they are sort of challenging in the reader department).

I would also add in the "If you Lived" books.:)