Menu

Our friend Colleen has updated her blog -- she began chemo today

A year? :001_huh:

She had to wait a year in order to begin treatment for a cancer that was diagnosed in August 2009?

Poor Colleen! :sad:

I believe she noticed it a year ago, but it was diagnosed in July 2010. I think she had a hard time getting it diagnosed.

I believe she noticed it a year ago, but it was diagnosed in July 2010. I think she had a hard time getting it diagnosed.

Even so, that seems strange to me. When I've had friends or relatives with lumps, etc, their doctors rush them through mammograms, mri's, biopsies, whatever is needed to diagnose or rule out cancer.

At any rate, I'm glad Colleen is getting the treatment she needs now. Dawn, thanks for keeping us updated.

Yes, this is true. She went in with (and I know she won't mind me being so bold here) a bleeding nipple. She was assured that she was too young to have breast cancer, that it didn't run in her family, and that the radiation exposure was too much of a risk.

She was, instead, diagnosed with a clogged duct.

What is Colleen's board name? Is this the Colleen who is the organic dairy farmer married to Hans?

Beth

Her board name is Coleen in SEVA. I met her when she was pregnant with her youngest, and we, along with other WTM homeschoolers, meet once a month.