Menu

Anyone use Easy Classical history guides?

momof3treasures

I haven't used it, but bought the Middle Ages schedule and ended up returning it after a few days of previewing it. I am now using Biblioplan Middle Ages. Search on my name, and you can find a reply I wrote to someone this summer right after I looked through it. EC history looks very good and thorough, but you should be aware that it follows the Veritas Press history outline, and uses SOTW as a supplement, not vice versa. I wanted to use more of SOTW, which is why I'm using Biblioplan (though they also leave out a few chapters I think). Also, because the VP Middle Ages guide was written for 4th grade (at least) I felt like it was way too much for my 2nd grader. EC definitely includes biblical history, because you will be using the Veritas Press guides. I think EC would be a wonderful program to use, having it all scheduled and planned out for you, if you want to use VP.

• 4 months later...

I started Easy Classical 4 weeks ago - we're doing NT Greece & Rome. So far... LOVE IT!

I think the way the chapters are scheduled out are sort of arbitrary. As long as you get it done during that week, it should be fine. (In the NTG&R guide, I haven't seen any issues with huge chunks scheduled on one day.) I love that the literature, mapping, projects, outlining, etc. are all scheduled out, and I get a shopping list for any art projects coming up. For me, it was well worth the money - and cheaper than buying the Scholars plans.

I started Easy Classical 4 weeks ago - we're doing NT Greece & Rome. So far... LOVE IT!

I think the way the chapters are scheduled out are sort of arbitrary. As long as you get it done during that week, it should be fine. (In the NTG&R guide, I haven't seen any issues with huge chunks scheduled on one day.) I love that the literature, mapping, projects, outlining, etc. are all scheduled out, and I get a shopping list for any art projects coming up. For me, it was well worth the money - and cheaper than buying the Scholars plans.

Thanks for your comments! How long does it take each day?

It depends on the day. Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, I'd say. Art project days are on the longer side. For example, today we read the Timeline Card, did the VP questions (orally), did an oral narration, and read one chapter from CHOW (SOTW is actually scheduled, but I prefer CHOW so we substitute). Easy peasy, done in 20 minutes. Tomorrow will be longer since we have to do a project, so that will be a 1-hour day.

hth!

It depends on the day. Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, I'd say. Art project days are on the longer side. For example, today we read the Timeline Card, did the VP questions (orally), did an oral narration, and read one chapter from CHOW (SOTW is actually scheduled, but I prefer CHOW so we substitute). Easy peasy, done in 20 minutes. Tomorrow will be longer since we have to do a project, so that will be a 1-hour day.

hth!

Thanks! :grouphug: