Menu

Need advice on R&S English for 5th grader

mom32boys

It's really up to your own preference. If you've been recently working in the 4th grade book (i.e. you've had no summer break from grammar) I would consider getting the 5th grade book - do any new material in the chapters already studied in the 4th grade book and then pick up with the new material.

Same situation here. We are going to finish the second half of R&S 4 this year with my now 5th grader.

After reading many many posts....I found quite a few examples of people using R&S 7 and 8 for High School.

I know that many would not agree but I feel very confident using 4 with a 5th grader.

Hope it helps knowing someone else is there with you!

We finished 4 last year and just started 5. And there is a lot of review--I'm not sure when we will hit a topic that we haven't already learned. Sometimes it does go a little beyond what we already know, but I don't think it would be too difficult to just start the 5th grade book if you want to go that route.

Thanks everyone:001_smile:.

I think I was worried he would miss out on something - but it sounds like we'll be fine either way. We did take the summer off, so I think I'll start back at the beginning of 4th and do a brief review/ hit trouble spots we had last year, then continue where we left off.

Thanks!!!!

Julie