Menu

do you have a dish rack/drainer that you love?

Or maybe one that doesn't inspire love, but is at least functional? I can't seem to find a decent one that is sturdy and drains the water into our sink (we have a sink with a lip on it so it needs to have a big tilt to actually drain the water).

It also needs to not rust and I would prefer it not be too cheap looking since it will typically be on our counter most of the day.

I found a nice sturdy one at bed, bath and beyond. But the part I REALLY like is that it came with this fancy micro fiber pad instead of a plastic tray to go beneath it. The water drips get soaked up by the pad (instead of running into the sink). Every few days I throw the pad in the wash with my dish towels and it comes out just like new. BBnB also sells the pads alone.

I actually use a stainless steel drainer that is supposed to go in the bottom of sink (so it is flat). I just put a dish towel under it to absorb the water. When I am doing dish towels, dish cloths, etc., I just change to a new towel.

I like this because all my big pots and pans fit on top of it instead of trying to wedge everything into one of those plastic drainers.

I actually use a stainless steel drainer that is supposed to go in the bottom of sink (so it is flat). I just put a dish towel under it to absorb the water. When I am doing dish towels, dish cloths, etc., I just change to a new towel.

This is exactly what I do. I used those dish pans underneath for years. They would get all icky and they'd have to be cleaned, etc. Finally I just stuck a dish towel underneath. When it needs to be cleaned, I just throw it in the washer. Sooooo easy!!