Menu

R&S, Teacher's edition?

KeriJ

Guest Dulcimeramy

I didn't use 2, but I've used grades 3-6. I think the teacher's books are necessary! That is where the how-to-teach information is, as well as ideas for drilling and practicing new skills.

Also, the teacher's editions have the answer keys. Not necessary for grade 2, probably, but indispensable later!

For R&S English, I have used the Teacher's Manuals for grades 3 and 4 and will be using it for 5. We do all the pre-lesson oral drills and any other instruction included in the manual. I like the fact that the manuals give a quick, concise list of the teaching points for each chapter.

Assuming you mean the English book, since that seems the most common R&S product on this board, no the TE is not necessary. It is nice to have however. :) There are notes to the teacher that cover previously covered material you can go over before each lesson. Other than those it's pretty much an answer key at that level. You can see good samples of it at http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com .

The spelling TE isn't really necessary either. It's basically an answer key. I did buy it for this school year, just for the perk of being able to see exactly what's on their pages from across the table. (I'll have two kids using grade 2 spelling when we get started.)

If you're using their grade 2 math without the TE you're missing a huge chunk of the curriculum.

I'm not familiar with the rest of their curricula for that level.

I appreciated having the TM for grades 3 and up. There are oral review questions, suggestions of how to teach the material, and the answer key for the student textbook, worksheets, and tests. That being said, I am not using the TM for the 2nd grade book. :001_smile: