Menu

I hate being woken up!!!

I went to bed early because I have an early appt. Have to rise at 5 am. I went down great, but was woken up 20 minutes into a deep sleep. That's it. I'm up. And I become SO ugly when I get woken up! What's up with that? Anyone else become an ogre when woken?

ETA: My dd told me I need more beauty sleep. No kidding!

Last night I was woken at 2 a.m. by a low battery warning beep on the CO detector in the basement :glare:

Of course I didn't know that that's what it was. I was stumbling about trying to find the source of the beeping (kids alarms? ds's fancy watch which has so many programs it's nuts & sometimes get accidentally turned on? freezer alarm? one of the many smoke alarms' battery? .....)

BUT, I have been fortunate that I'm able to fall asleep again pretty fast. I mentioned in a prev thread that I used to want to be a spy & I read that being able to fall asleep at a moment's notice was a good skill so I practiced that. Pretty much the ONLY spy skill I have :lol: but it has come in handy with babies & sleepwalking kids & elderly, incontinent pets.....

Dh, who slept right through the whole thing, said this morning "well, if you were up already, why didn't you wake me? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!"

:D

Hope you get some sleep soon!

I hate, hate, HATE being startled awake. Also, in the morning I can always fall back asleep but at night if woken up I can't fall back asleep...I will be wide awake even if I was exhausted. But again, in the morning I can always fall back asleep even after an adequate night's sleep. Weird. :tongue_smilie:

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone. An ogre likes company when it's suffering. Hey, speaking of which, if you ever want to get to sleep, googling images of ogres is probably not the best thing to do. :scared:

WARNING.... SCARY PIC BELOW....

just call it my self-portrait... I'm okay with that right now...

*I'm serious, this is scary crap!

*do you really want to see it?

okies.... here goes.... and please do not google more... there are some sick twisted pics out there....

* you can still turn this car around....

*I warned you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_lyZ7nb2RQ78s7EBSb1ZMtck_SMkbuMtVxoLLp0ph8ClDdMA&t=1&usg=__h_NzVPD8c4eX8CI2DNmLoA_Pnzo= That's some kick a%$ ogre!