Menu

Pocket type sandwiches

I posted a link to a Pasty recipe to kind of explain what it is.

It's a small meat pie. Just make your own pie crust recipe. Each pie needs about one cup of dough. Roll into oblong shapes.

I usually use burger fried with onions, salt and pepper.

Mix it with raw cubed potatoes and carrots. (Rutabega would be very authentic if you like it.)

Put mixture on one side of dough and cover with the other side. Pinch dough together and bake. Maybe 40 mins depending on how big you make them.

Serve with a marinara sauce or ketchup if you are home.

YEs, you can freeze them and just reheat to eat.

http://kenanderson.net/pasties/up.html

First of all, I read Rocket Sandwiches. And I thought, oh, your child must be as picky an eater as mine. Mine eats beige starchy food, not wet food, not oily food, not crunchy food, but *just* right food. So I thought your dc liked sandwiches in the shape of rockets. So I googled and this is what I found:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNqINENH_RWjLFudix1-imjJlCARJVuFHBE4CSUIcOcDusRcA&t=1&usg=__Wc7o4-PQAmisr10h27EWXM4rDmY=

But of course, we all know you meant POCKET sandwiches, not ROCKET sandwiches... so I digress...

First of all, I read Rocket Sandwiches. And I thought, oh, your child must be as picky an eater as mine. Mine eats beige starchy food, not wet food, not oily food, not crunchy food, but *just* right food. ...

I've got one dc that would only eat crunchy food for like a year. If it didn't crunch forget about it.:confused::001_smile:

I've done it.

I just took my favorite, standard dinner roll recipe, and used that as a base. roll it out, cut out a rectangle, and put whatever you want as a filling. For my family, we did pizza ones (pizza sauce, mozz. cheese, pepperoni), homemade sloppy joe with shredded cheddar, and slow cooker bbq beef with shredded cheddar.

They're good. I put them on 1/2 power for 1 minute and then full power for 1 minute in the microwave.

I've also done it with my favorite, standard baking soda biscuit recipe, and I fill it with roasted potatoes, eggs, bacon, suasage, cheese, etc. These are great for breakfast.