Menu

A baby squirrel just fell out of our pecan tree.

Do you have a wildlife rescue center anywhere near you? We always take injured animals to our local center. Here is a formula for baby squirrel food that you can make and give via eyedropper. (we got it from the wildlife rescue center)

Mix together:

4 oz evaporated milk

4 oz water

1 egg yolk

1 T honey or white corn syrup

I think they need to eat frequently. Good luck to you!

Melanie

We had this last fall.

The rescue people said to use a towel and put him in a box for a little protection and put the box at the base of the tree he fell out of. Mom will come down the tree and carry him back up. They said it may not happen till it gets dark, but she should come get him.

I didn't believe they were big enough to do that. I knew racoons do it, but parent to baby size of a racoon is a lot larger than a squirrel. But the mom carried all three up the tree that night.

He's not orphaned, he just fell out of the tree. Give her time and she'll get him. They said they often get blown out of the trees.

We had this last fall.

The rescue people said to use a towel and put him in a box for a little protection and put the box at the base of the tree he fell out of. Mom will come down the tree and carry him back up. They said it may not happen till it gets dark, but she should come get him.

I didn't believe they were big enough to do that. I knew racoons do it, but parent to baby size of a racoon is a lot larger than a squirrel. But the mom carried all three up the tree that night.

He's not orphaned, he just fell out of the tree. Give her time and she'll get him. They said they often get blown out of the trees.

Thanks. I just ran out and put it in an open shoe box with a rag. I know the mom won't come till later because my kids are playing out side. Hopefully nothing eats it.

We went out this morning and were thrilled to see that the squirrel was gone and in its place were some sticks and leaves. Silly us, we thought the momma squirrel was saying thank you.

It turns out the neighbor boys went home and told their dad about the squirrel, and he came and took it home. They fed it and are taking it to a nature center.