Menu

My mom is in the ICU please pray...

Thank you all so much. I know that this next year is going to be a difficult one.

I am not sure how I am going to be able to concentrate on homeschooling. right now anytime I talk about my mom I get choked up and cry. I can't believe that a week ago my mom was alive and I could talk to her. That is what really gets me, thinking that I will never be able to just call and chat. Right now I just keep thinking if only this if only that.....I know that is crazy and I should be thankful for each moment.....

I think I will have the kids make scrapbooks of my mom as one of the first things I do for school.

Rebecca, I'm SO very sorry for your loss. I want to tell you that this coming year, PLEASE be gentle on yourself. My mom died past summer, 7/4. The summer before my dad died. Both times I expected to just start up school and things would be normal since I wasn't spending so much time caring for them. I was SO wrong.

In reality, I had a VERY hard time staying on track last year. We have one week of last years math left, and we didn't even do the last week of spelling. We did history and science irregularly. We did 100 lessons out of 125 of our grammar. Off and on I started our geography, among other things. I was so disappointed in myself and one friend looked at me shocked and said, "Did you REALLY expect to just start schooling a full load right away?" Yes, I did. But I was TOTALLY unrealistic. I had to grieve. And it felt like school started and then WHAMMO, the holidays were here. Really, getting through the holidays took every bit of strength I had.

Please allow yourself to go through the grieving process. Yours will be at your personal pace, in your personal way. Don't put pressure on yourself.

I'm so sorry for what you've been through and I'm so sorry for your loss. I think of my parents so much. I miss them terribly. We got cheated.... my parents both died in their 60's. It's hard.

I feel like it took me a LONG time to return to being myself again. I feel like this year I can get back on track. You will eventually get to this point, but please don't even think of it right now.

:grouphug: