Menu

My mom is in the ICU please pray...

She is being treated for C-Diff. Has problems with her colon. If infection doesn't clear up she will have to have it removed. If colon needs to be removed than Dr. say I need to call my bro in MN to fly in. Doctor's are saying the next 24 hours are critical.

She was admitted last night. I am back on my way to be with her now.

Thanks!

Here is the update:

The first test came back neg for C-Diff! Yea! They will do two more tests. If both are neg than that is ruled out. They are doing a colonoscopy today. She still is have diaherra. If meds don't clear up inflammation, than the colon will have to be removed. The colonoscopy will most likely give them a good idea if that is the next step.

Thanks for the support! I will give updates as I hear. For now they are keeping her in the ICU.

I visited her today. they could not wake her up. her vitals were ok and she had not been sedated. It was pretty scary. I even helped to shake her and said her name. dr. tried needle. No response. Just even breathing. they ordered a ct scan. they didn't have the results when I left the hospital at 7. She finally woke up. However, I couldn't understand a word she said to me. Her eyes were wild at first but eventually you could see a change. So, once that changed, sometimes I could understand her other times not. The drs aren't leaning toward surgery at this time but they can't explain some of the things going on and are concerned.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. this is very hard. .... I thought by now it would be better.... for now she is still in the icu.

My mom went into cardiac arrest last night. It affected blood flow to brain so she probably also had a stroke. Drs won't be able to evaluate where my mom is at until the brain swelling goes down (usually takes 32 hours). she is on a ventilator but is breathing on her own.

I'm so sorry. I hope that the brain swelling goes down soon.

Thank you all so much. I know that this next year is going to be a difficult one.

I am not sure how I am going to be able to concentrate on homeschooling. right now anytime I talk about my mom I get choked up and cry. I can't believe that a week ago my mom was alive and I could talk to her. That is what really gets me, thinking that I will never be able to just call and chat. Right now I just keep thinking if only this if only that.....I know that is crazy and I should be thankful for each moment.....

I think I will have the kids make scrapbooks of my mom as one of the first things I do for school.

Edited by QuirkyKapers

Thank you all so much. I know that this next year is going to be a difficult one.

I am not sure how I am going to be able to concentrate on homeschooling. right now anytime I talk about my mom I get choked up and cry. I can't believe that a week ago my mom was alive and I could talk to her. That is what really gets me, thinking that I will never be able to just call and chat. Right now I just keep thinking if only this if only that.....I know that is crazy and I should be thankful for each moment.....

I think I will have the kids make scrapbooks of my mom as one of the first things I do for school.

That sounds like a lovely project...one that will be accompanied with tears but also comfort as you all cherish your special memories.I so remember after my Dad died( 20 years ago today!) thinking the same thing you mentioned: "I can't believe this time last week he was alive...." Give yourself the time to grieve and know that this is all part of the kids' schooling as well...learning to walk through grief and process it in a healthy way. I will be praying for you...I'm so sorry for your loss~

Blessings,

Kathi