Menu

After five years...

of looking at a pink sink and pink toilet, dh has suddenly jumped up and purchased a new vanity, medicine cabinet, and toilet.

Oh, what a white toilet does for my heart!!!!

If only we could afford to replace the pink tub/shower enclosure. But the shower curtain works well in the meantime!

Boy, I was glad to see our pink toilet and sink, and floor tile, and baseboards (all various shades, mind you) go out to the dumpster a few years back.

We got a professional in to paint our tub white, and it has been great. It was a special spray enamel stuff, and I am not to use abrasive cleaners on it. It was not dirt cheap, but IMO a good alternative to replacing--and I prefer it to the "over the tub and wall" systems that are also an option.

Glad you are enjoying the new look of your bathroom!

What were people thinking when they put colors like that in a bathroom?! Colors like pink and that nasty pea-soup green that were so popular long ago are just not good for permanent fixtures!

I think that, in our house, they were thinking "cheap"! Our house was a rehab/flip that made it habitable, but not exactly purdy. We knowingly paid a fair (at the time) price for what we were getting, but definitely didn't get to our intended projects on the time line we had envisioned!

Boy, I was glad to see our pink toilet and sink, and floor tile, and baseboards (all various shades, mind you) go out to the dumpster a few years back.

We got a professional in to paint our tub white, and it has been great. It was a special spray enamel stuff, and I am not to use abrasive cleaners on it. It was not dirt cheap, but IMO a good alternative to replacing--and I prefer it to the "over the tub and wall" systems that are also an option.

Glad you are enjoying the new look of your bathroom!

It's been a few years since we attended a home show and saw a company that does that. I don't remember the exact price, but I do know my jaw dropped!

We're hoping to put an addition on, which will require us to move the bathroom anyway, and it'll wind up cheaper to just do a whole new tub/shower at that time.

Oh I would love to have salvaged those pink fixtures from you! They would go so well in my period home! I have a tile floor in the bathroom that is patterned in pink, black, and white...those little 1 inch tiles. Pink fixtures would complete the look. I have always loved the colored fixtures of the past - the seafoam green, pink, and turquoise...oh, well, I do have a pedestal sink and clawfoot bathtub. Glad you like your new look :D

Oh I would love to have salvaged those pink fixtures from you! They would go so well in my period home! I have a tile floor in the bathroom that is patterned in pink, black, and white...those little 1 inch tiles. Pink fixtures would complete the look. I have always loved the colored fixtures of the past - the seafoam green, pink, and turquoise...oh, well, I do have a pedestal sink and clawfoot bathtub. Glad you like your new look :D

Come and get 'em, lol!

I'm going to be calling around to salvage yards and what not tomorrow. I know there's a market for retro-style bathrooms, so I'm more than willing to pass them on.

My house is very vacation-country, and pink really has no place in it, other than on my little girls' walls (and a much different shade, to boot!)

Come and get 'em, lol!

I'm going to be calling around to salvage yards and what not tomorrow. I know there's a market for retro-style bathrooms, so I'm more than willing to pass them on.

My house is very vacation-country, and pink really has no place in it, other than on my little girls' walls (and a much different shade, to boot!)

Definitely check on prices. You should be able to get a good bit if they are in good shape. They are difficult to find - especially if they are matched.

Dh used was able to enamel our tub himself using a spray. He says it has to be vented correctly and to wear a respirator. I'm not certain what he did because he made the kids and I clear out of the house.