Menu

any fall tv shows you are looking forward to?

Looking forward to:

Big Bang Theory (I married to a Sheldon also)

Middle

Modern Family

Bones

House

Parenthood-hope you all are right and it will come back in January

Community

NCIS

Fringe

Criminal Minds

Royal Pains (when does that one renew? I love it.)

I rotate and don't watch every episode every week since there are so many reruns shown. I always get to see them all eventually either in or out of season. Not enough hours in the day; got to leave some time for my latest addiction (WTM Forum). Wish some of them would rotate to Friday nights when I do have time to watch.

Edited by Georgia On My Mind

They canceled my favorite show (Numb3rs). Boo, CBS!

I'm curious to see Grey's Anatomy and Bones this fall. Grey's finale was gripping. Bones, well, I'm more than a little worried they jumped the shark when they split the group up at the end of last season, but I'm willing to see if they can pull it off.

Dh and I have recently gotten into Bones, so we're excited for that starting up again.

I used to watch Grey's Anatomy, but I am way behind and we don't usually get the channel it's on, so I probably won't keep up with it. It went from agreeably dramatic to rather ridiculous, so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

We really liked that show, too, and were disappointed when it was canceled. I think, as happens whenever shows do this, that when Charlie and whats-her-name got married, that chemistry was resolved and the plot kind of nose-dived. Whenever they do that with main characters it takes about a season and then the show is done for. Just like on NCIS - if Tony and Ziva ever get together... it'll be the end of that show. Now if, say... Abby and Eric (from NCIS LA) get together, it probably wouldn't do much damage since their relationship and chemistry isn't central to the show's plot.

Supernatural...although we no longer get CW, so I watch online

Destination Truth

Criminal Minds

Fringe

Bones

The Mentalist

CSI: NY

...and I'm looking forward to Burn Notice even though they just had their summer finale. :lol:

I also DVR our shows and watch them when the kids are sleeping. :blush: I can't be bothered with interruptions and commercials. :D

You're not alone. I love Gossip Girl! But, I haven't seen it since mid-way through the season where Chuck bought the hotel. Too much stuff happened and got in the way of my tv viewing. So how many seasons have I missed now?

I'm not alone...what a relief! I think this fall is season 4. I don't remember what season it was when Chuck bought the hotel. I love the characters and the pace of the show.

:lol:

I haven't watched this show yet because I know I'll get sucked in. I have the DVD's in my Netflix queue, though, just in case...

Yes, if you think you'll like it you WILL get sucked in! I happened upon the first episode by accident and was hooked.

Removing the last eeny-teeny bit of classical education cred I had...

My favorite new show has been on Fox this summer, and they are supposed to be bringing it back with new episodes in the fall: The Good Guys

Oh, and, yeah...I'm a big American Idol fan, too. And my daughter and I watch America's Next Top Model...

(Quietly hands in her WTM Intellectual Mom membership card and shuffles out of the room....) ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

dd and I have a great time watching ANTM together...we have such great conversations about beauty, body image, kindness etc. Plus it's interesting and fun!

Whaaat??!! I love that show - forgot to include it on my list... Boo!! I was wondering how they were going to resolve the season ender, but it didn't seem any more insurmountable than how they ended Bones (which is back for the fall, yes??!!)

I do also watch NCIS, and like that quite a bit. Lukewarm about the LA spin-off. I actively avoid watching the Law & Orders these days - watched them too long and got sick of them. SVU and Criminal Minds spend too much time in the mind of sickos for me.

Whaaat??!! I love that show - forgot to include it on my list... Boo!! I was wondering how they were going to resolve the season ender, but it didn't seem any more insurmountable than how they ended Bones (which is back for the fall, yes??!!)

I'm revealing the depth of my obsession here, but . . .

The people involved in Numb3rs knew they were on the chopping block pretty early in season 6. In fact, the studio reduced the number of episodes it would buy partway through the season, which lead to the acceleration of Charlie and Amita's wedding.

They wanted to leave a way to continue if a miracle happened, but they also wanted to wrap things up in case it really was over.

I don't happen to think that the tension between Charlie and Amita was central to the plot. I think the relationship between Charlie and Don was the key relationship.

White Collar and Burn Notice are the only two "modern" shows we watch, but they have already had new shows on, so our wait has been over. We also used to watch Royal Pains, but lately we've had the past few weeks taped and no one has selected them so I think we'll drop it.

Oh yes... almost forgot Mythbusters - do they have new ones coming on soon?

I'm still getting over Monk ending.

White Collar is our definite favorite.

We don't watch anything on broadcast TV. We can't tape from it (refuse to pay extra to be able to do so) and we're way too addicted to watching everything on our DVR with our schedule and without commercials to ever watch "normal" TV again. The few commercials I saw recently when traveling didn't appeal to any of us anyway.

We're VERY picky in what we like to watch (myself, hubby, and 2 teen boys now that our oldest is off to college). We get bored with TV too easily I suppose. I always did as a kid too, so it's likely to be genetic. I sure don't wish it were otherwise!

You live with one, too? I'm married to one. Sometimes the jokes hit a little close to home. We should start a club (support group?). ;)

I discovered the show when our OT told me that Sheldon was my youngest grown up and boy is he ever! The literal way Sheldon sees the world... :)

I love it because it's like one of my all time favorites movies - Real Genius - all grown up.