Menu

Passport question

It probably will be fine, but I would recommend renewing if you have time. I think the real issue with an almost-expired passport is trying to get a visa into another country. In that case, you likely will be denied since they often last six months or more. The other possible problem is that the USA may give you trouble trying to get back into the country, but I doubt it.

I used to let my passport get close to expiring before renewing. Not anymore!

It probably will be fine, but I would recommend renewing if you have time. I think the real issue with an almost-expired passport is trying to get a visa into another country. In that case, you likely will be denied since they often last six months or more. The other possible problem is that the USA may give you trouble trying to get back into the country, but I doubt it.

I used to let my passport get close to expiring before renewing. Not anymore!

We leave 9/11 and just realized it now.

My husband is saying he found something on the Carnival site about just needing my birth certificate, but I thougth you needed a passport to get into Canada now.

I think I got confused because my other passport is still good.

We had been living in Germany for a couple years and it was time to move home. Our passports were all going to expire shortly after we got back to the US. Standing in line at the airport, with a couple carts loaded with luggage, the airport personnel wanted to refuse letting us onto the flight because the passports were expiring.

Ok, I understand the restriction, but we're going home, to the place where the passports were issued. We can't overstay a visit in our own country. They finally ended up sending for an officer from the Border Police, who sort of looked things over and said of course we could fly on these.

Always makes me laugh. There are so many special conditions, requirements and circumstances that it seems like we get special scrutiny every time we travel.

(Of course that's nothing compared to the adventure we had once driving Eastern Europe with another family in this giant red Suburban . . .)