Menu

English from the Roots Up/ Roots and Fruits

Thanksnpraises

I have these two books and would love to use them but haven't found a

way that worked for us. Has anyone used them in a notebooking sort of way or some other way. Or in others words, has anyone taught Latin/Greek roots and derivative words in a 'none workbook' way. I like Vocabulary from Classical Roots, but money is really tight this year, and I would like to use what I already have.

My kids have played Rummy Roots and that has helped them learn roots, but I would like them to have something a little more structured and a way to document that they have learned Latin and Greek roots and common derivations----even as simple as a matching quiz or something.

We got alot of composition notebooks when they were on sale for .10 at Staples, so that's why I was thinking about a notebook, Charlotte Mason sort of thing! :bigear:

...I would like them to have something a little more structured and a way to document that they have learned Latin and Greek roots and common derivations...

These generic Greek & Latin notebooking pages or these EFTRU-specific notebooking pages might appeal to you. Or you can use these as a guideline to create your own.

EDIT: I googled and found these free Greek & Latin notebooking pages that were created to be used with EFTRU but I am sure, can be used with any Latin and Greek vocab list.

HTH :-)

Edited by nansk

WE started English from the Roots Up in the spring and I was really surprised at how well DS took to it. (When I mentioned we'd be doing Greek and Latin, though, he really thought he was going to learn Greek and was a bit bummed about that.) I too am trying to implement it better this year as we continue it. I think I will do some mini quizes or such for one. Just to make sure he's getting it. For us, we didn't go in order, but did the words as we came to them in other subjects, especially with math and science.