Menu

would a 2 week science/history rotation work?

delaney

I am finding that one week in I can't flip back and forth during the week between the 2 subjects. I was thinking 2 weeks of history and them 2 weeks of science? Maybe not? It would be so much easier if there wasn't SO MUCH great stuff available for each subject!! I currently have SOTW2, HO2, and Biblioplan that I pull pieces from and they do the lapbooking for middle ages as well as timeline work. I never in a million years thought I would love history so much!

It certainly might. I lose the thread of history if we don't do it often, but you could just do a little part of it during the week--like maybe do some lapbook work on the "off weeks," or just a read aloud or read alone.

I think science can be done more in units of information, and you can do other kinds of science in the off weeks, too, such as taking a nature walk one day or going to a science museum, or doing an independent kit during free time.

I tend to be a bit unschool-y in science, so I'd be ok with doing it this way.