Menu

Is Sonlight the only one that offers a condensed American History?

I would really like to do American History in one year so we can move on to World History but Sonlight is the only one I can find that offers a one year version. Everyone else is split in 2 years. I don't really have anything against Sonlight but I would really love to know if there are others to choose from . If anyone knows of any, PLEASE let me know. :bigear: My son is 10, just in case it matters.

Thanks so much for all your help!! :001_smile:

You might want to look at Notgrass's new America the Beautiful. It's brand new and I don't think its even shipped yet so no one has seen it, but they have samples up on the site. It's for 5th to 8th grade so it may be a little on the harder side for your ds but if you keep it laid back it might be perfect. Here's the link:

http://www.notgrass.com/america_the_beautiful.php

I'm sure others will have some ideas too. Good luck.

I don't know of anything besides SL 3+4 that does a full one-year American History for that age.

One book that could be used is the Complete Book of U.S. History - then you could add some of the readers or read-alouds from SL, and get a fun activity book like Colonial Days: Discover the Past with Fun Projects, Games, Activities, and Recipes (American Kids in History Series) .